Talk

Advanced search

Question about TTC#3+

(2 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Sat 31-Dec-16 07:55:39

I'm lucky enough to have an 8 year old DD from a previous relationship. She was unplanned, I was a bit lazy with my pill and got pregnant very quickly. 2 years ago, I got a bit lax with my pill again and became pregnant with my new partner, again unplanned and again very quickly, but unfortunately due to complications I had to terminate. This time around, I'm actually TTC. I'm only on my first cycle so not expecting any miracle quite yet but I'm charting, using OPK's, checking cm etc. I'm also taking some supplements. My question is, have any of you found it easy to fall pregnant in the past, basically conceived without even trying or knowing when your fertile week was or anything but then when you actually went on to TTC, found that it took/is taking a lot longer?

I was recently told I have suspected scar tissue in my uterus which might make it hard to conceive although I've not had this confirmed yet so I'm kind of going with the fact that it might not be as easy for me this time around anyway but I was just curious to know if anyone else had conceived easily in the past and now you are actively trying, finding it's not as easy?

2ducks2ducklings Mon 02-Jan-17 23:13:25

My first two were conceived within the first month of ttc. No charting, no OPKs--, I didn't even know that there was any such thing as a fertile week!-- The only thing I did was the whole, legs in the air for ten minutes after.
We originally stated ttc 3 in March last year, fully expecting it to happen first time again. There was nothing for two months and then we had a crazy busy summer where we were working abroad for 6 weeks so put ttc on hold until October. We got our BFP in November, which was the first cycle in the second round of cycles ( if you know what I mean) but unfortunately, this ended in mc. We started ttc immediately hoping the old tale that you're super fertile after a mc would be true but, alas, nothing. So we're back on it this month, so to speak.
I honestly sometimes feel knowledge is not power in this situation! It seemed we were much more effective when we just dtd and hoped for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now