Talk

Advanced search

clomid

(3 Posts)
sassafras Tue 20-Feb-07 14:45:35

I was curious if anyone got pregnant on their 3rd round of clomid. I just got my period today after my 2nd round and am getting a little frustrated. I now I am 39 years young and that it wouldn't be so easy but I am ovulating and I have one more chance on the clomid. After that my doc wants to send me to a fertility sp. I don't know if I want to go that route. Anyone had success the third time. Is there still hope for me next month? Thanks, sassafras

Elasticwoman Tue 20-Feb-07 16:17:42

I was 33 when using clomid and I took it for 9 months before conceiving our first child. I was told that most women conceive within 3 months when on clomid; however, as dh was away on business a lot I felt that explained my slowness to conceive. It eventually happened just before I was due to go in for a lap & dye.

I never needed clomid again and went on to have 2 further children.

Hope this makes you feel better. Good luck.
BTW We think dc1 was conceived after a particularly upmarket expensive meal out, but no alcohol on my part as I was driving.

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 20-Feb-07 16:57:19

How do you know you are ovulating?. Are blood tests confirming ovulation?.

What are your hormone levels like, what has been tested to date?.

Why were you put on it in the first place?.
Clomid is usually only given to women where ovulation is problematic.

Sorry for all the questions but giving answers to these may help you further.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now