Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weird Period after Morning After Pill (Ellaone)

(4 Posts)
Triquetr4 Fri 30-Dec-16 01:58:01

My partner and I had unprotected sex twice during my fertile period on 8th and 9th Dec. We wanted a baby but I changed my mind and took MAP (Ellaone) on 11th Dec evening.

I understand that menses delay is common after taking the morning after pill. My menses was originally due on 24th Dec, I started having brownish spotting on the night of 28th which continued to moderate both brownish and red menses on 29th. Now it is back to brownish spotting/very light menses since last night until now.

I had similar experience before with my firstborn but I didn't take MAP that time and I couldn't remember if my "weird period" was before or after it was due.

I had this "weird period" during the first month of my pregnancy. I thought it was my usual menses but when I missed my "first period", the gynae told me I was already 2 months pregnant. I never had any pregnancy symptoms.

I tested yesterday and it was negative. I am quite anxious as I have been thinking of changing job. Does anyone have similar experience before?

dontbesillyhenry Fri 30-Dec-16 03:01:53

I had the same with my first and third period. Maybe a little too early to test now

Triquetr4 Fri 30-Dec-16 09:39:41

Hi dontbesillyhenry, you mean after taking the pill?

dontbesillyhenry Fri 30-Dec-16 17:30:16

yes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now