Talk

Advanced search

Possibly pregnant with new partner after 4 miscarriages in last relationship

(11 Posts)
SteppingOnToes Thu 29-Dec-16 20:06:52

It's far from ideal - we have only been together for 4 months! I've not done test yet but I just feel that I am pregnant. We were careful (condoms) when we first got together and I had the mirena coil fitted after about 8 weeks pregnancy test on the day was negative but I just feel pregnant. I've had no morning sickness but I didn't with any of my pregnancies but my boobs have gone massive and are rock hard and sore.

Normally I would be delighted but the relationship is early days, I'm starting a masters degree in Jan and he said right from the start he wasn't sure if he wanted any more kids (he has DD10 and DS5). Initially I told him it was a huge deal breaker for me and he explained that it wasn't that he doesn't want any more kids as such, it's just that his ex had a late term (38w) miscarriage and it caused the breakup of their relationship as he went to pieces.

In addition to this - previous pregnancies I have done everything "right". This one if I am, I have taken no pre-natal vits, eaten really bad foods, heavy lifting, still riding my horses perhaps the only thing I have done right is I'm not a drinker.

I don't know why I am even writing this post. I'm going to get a test tomorrow but I'm on a night shift tonight and now I've twigged, I just know I'm going to be stewing about it all night...

I should be over the moon but I'm just shitting myself!

confusedat23 Thu 29-Dec-16 22:34:11

Hi sorry i have not had the coil fitted myself but I have seen on here that it can make people feel very very pregnant! Only a test will tell you ultimately. I hope you get the answer you are looking for OP... always here for a chat if you need!

SteppingOnToes Thu 29-Dec-16 23:07:09

Thanks confused. I've had the mirena coil 18 years and no accidents before and it's definitely not that - I just feel pregnant. I want to be excited to test, I want to share testing with my partner, I'm just shitting myself telling him sad

physicskate Fri 30-Dec-16 18:20:54

Hope you get the result you want!

SteppingOnToes Fri 30-Dec-16 19:48:48

PK I've not managed to get out to buy one yet damn working nights. I'll be comfortable I think with either result, I just hope my DP is. I've managed to get to 38 without being in this situation and now I'm like a bloody stupid teenager sad

Tibbycat Thu 05-Jan-17 20:49:29

How did you get on? Poor you... a big shock for you x

TurquoiseDress Fri 06-Jan-17 01:23:12

Did you do a test in the end?

StripeyMonkey1 Fri 06-Jan-17 01:28:37

Good luck OP. I hope you get what you want.

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Fri 06-Jan-17 08:02:53

? Any update op

SteppingOnToes Fri 06-Jan-17 16:03:45

It was a food baby - overdone it over christmas ;)

I've recently had the mirena coil fitted so the boob changes will be due to that I guess.

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 08-Jan-17 21:28:19

😟

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now