Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Possibly pregnant with new partner after 4 miscarriages in last relationship

(11 Posts)
SteppingOnToes Thu 29-Dec-16 20:06:52

It's far from ideal - we have only been together for 4 months! I've not done test yet but I just feel that I am pregnant. We were careful (condoms) when we first got together and I had the mirena coil fitted after about 8 weeks pregnancy test on the day was negative but I just feel pregnant. I've had no morning sickness but I didn't with any of my pregnancies but my boobs have gone massive and are rock hard and sore.

Normally I would be delighted but the relationship is early days, I'm starting a masters degree in Jan and he said right from the start he wasn't sure if he wanted any more kids (he has DD10 and DS5). Initially I told him it was a huge deal breaker for me and he explained that it wasn't that he doesn't want any more kids as such, it's just that his ex had a late term (38w) miscarriage and it caused the breakup of their relationship as he went to pieces.

In addition to this - previous pregnancies I have done everything "right". This one if I am, I have taken no pre-natal vits, eaten really bad foods, heavy lifting, still riding my horses perhaps the only thing I have done right is I'm not a drinker.

I don't know why I am even writing this post. I'm going to get a test tomorrow but I'm on a night shift tonight and now I've twigged, I just know I'm going to be stewing about it all night...

I should be over the moon but I'm just shitting myself!

confusedat23 Thu 29-Dec-16 22:34:11

Hi sorry i have not had the coil fitted myself but I have seen on here that it can make people feel very very pregnant! Only a test will tell you ultimately. I hope you get the answer you are looking for OP... always here for a chat if you need!

SteppingOnToes Thu 29-Dec-16 23:07:09

Thanks confused. I've had the mirena coil 18 years and no accidents before and it's definitely not that - I just feel pregnant. I want to be excited to test, I want to share testing with my partner, I'm just shitting myself telling him sad

physicskate Fri 30-Dec-16 18:20:54

Hope you get the result you want!

SteppingOnToes Fri 30-Dec-16 19:48:48

PK I've not managed to get out to buy one yet damn working nights. I'll be comfortable I think with either result, I just hope my DP is. I've managed to get to 38 without being in this situation and now I'm like a bloody stupid teenager sad

Tibbycat Thu 05-Jan-17 20:49:29

How did you get on? Poor you... a big shock for you x

TurquoiseDress Fri 06-Jan-17 01:23:12

Did you do a test in the end?

StripeyMonkey1 Fri 06-Jan-17 01:28:37

Good luck OP. I hope you get what you want.

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Fri 06-Jan-17 08:02:53

? Any update op

SteppingOnToes Fri 06-Jan-17 16:03:45

It was a food baby - overdone it over christmas ;)

I've recently had the mirena coil fitted so the boob changes will be due to that I guess.

QODRestYeMerryGentlemen Sun 08-Jan-17 21:28:19

😟

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: