Talk

Advanced search

Chaste berry /Vitex agnus castus

(8 Posts)
calimommy Wed 28-Dec-16 22:27:58

Anyone tried this? I have regular cycles with excessive spotting before, after, etc etc menstruation.
Prior to my second baby/BF I was 28days like clockwork and no spotting.
Currently trying chaste berry but mostly feeling my way in the dark.

chatterbyhours Tue 03-Jan-17 07:09:35

Yes I have been taking it for approx 6months after TTC unsuccessfully for 18months with very light (just spotting) and absent periods, but after taking Angus cactus, CoQ10, serrapeptese and Maca and having acupuncture my periods returned to normal & I just took 3x positive pregnancy tests smile good luck!

calimommy Tue 03-Jan-17 10:11:52

Thanks! I think it restarted my cycle so I ovulated instead of getting AF. So when I thought we were in the safe zone, we were not! But I only started taking it about 10 days prior to that. I was taking a massive dose though. Bottle said max 6 per day so I took that 😝 I was sick to my eye teeth of the constant spotting! Anyway, it did cure the spotting.... baby 3#!

newyorklover81 Tue 03-Jan-17 12:32:50

I have started taking it last Wednesday, my cycles are ok but I'm just hoping it helps me to conceive grin

chatterbyhours Tue 03-Jan-17 20:21:38

I hope so too! Best of luck xx

calimommy Tue 03-Jan-17 20:39:51

Well I'm in no position to make recommendations about AC but I was taking 2400mg every morning and within 10 days I had ovulated when I should have been finishing my cycle. I dropped it down to 800 since BFP because I've had 2 miscarriages in the past so don't want to fully give it up just in case. I felt like I ovulated on both side but I hope not.
Good luck!

newyorklover81 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:15:21

Wow calimommy so it worked first month?

I have a hycosy scan on Friday to check my tubes, I will be on day 9 of my cycle by then - I usually ovulate on day 18, I am really hoping that the combination of the dye flushing out my tubes and all the agnus castus (2000mg every morning) and vitamins I'm taking help me get my bfp 🙏

calimommy Tue 03-Jan-17 21:21:45

Good luck lady!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now