Talk

Advanced search

Mirena coil conception

(5 Posts)
Stark210814 Wed 28-Dec-16 18:05:07

Having a complete nightmare! Had mirena removed and af two days later as expected, thought I was in fertile window to find out today I'm spotting.. with af due in two weeks I can't help but feel like I'm having another period! Any one else experience this?

user1482867599 Wed 28-Dec-16 19:14:06

Is there any chance you could be pregnant? I had my mirena removed around 2 and a half weeks ago but had no bleeding but I'm not sure when my periods due as they're so irregular since having the mirena - but I think my last was end of Nov / start Dec so I'm sure if I'm not pregnant it'll be coming soon. If you aren't pregnant I'd see how it goes and if you get periods close between see your GP smile

ns1348 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:09:17

Hi Stark,

I thought I'd share my experience in the hope it might reassure you:

I had my mirena removed in Nov and had what I thought was first proper AF a couple of days later (only one medium bleed day, with a couple of lighter ones either side, I'd say). Then I used opks and ovulated pretty much bang on mid cycle, so felt encouraged. But then only 2 or 3 days after ovulation I started spotting, and was really concerned/confused. It carried on for 7 days, before my AF started (at only cycle day 24). That AF was way heavier, like my periods used to be 12 years or so ago, pre hormonal contraception. So think that was my real first AF, and it lasted 7 days. Since then I've ovulated a little later, and am now through to cycle day 23/7 days past ovulation with no sign of spotting touch wood. So I'd say try not to stress and hang in there: hopefully it'll settle for you soon (within a few cycles) as it has for me. Now I'm hoping I'll make it through a bit longer before AF (unless I'm super lucky and get a BFP!).

Hope that helps. All the best!

MrsMc11 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:09:58

The same thing happened to me I had what I thought was a 'normal' af two days after removal and then had another light af and spotting throughout the month so where I am in a cycle I wouldn't have a clue. According to my app af is due 2moro so we'll how that works out, I think it'll be trial and error for a few months until cycle returns to being regular.

ns1348 Wed 28-Dec-16 22:10:33

But it also could be ovulation spotting, as I've vaguely heard that's a thing, depending on how long it lasts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now