Talk

Advanced search

BBT thermometer?

(7 Posts)
Bubblegum89 Wed 28-Dec-16 10:36:55

If in the extremely likely event that I don't get a BFP this cycle, I'm thinking of investing in a BBT thermometer. I use OPK's and track my cycle on an app, check my CM and also sometimes, my cervix position but I know the only way to really figure out when you're ovulating is by doing BBT.

Can anyone recommend me a good one? I've seen some cheap ones on Amazon but I don't know how accurate they are.

MouseLove Wed 28-Dec-16 10:45:45

Actually bbt tells you AFTER you've ovulated. Around 3 days after to be precise so not good if you want to time DTD but it does confirm you ovulated.

I got mine from Amazon, around £5.

BertieBotts Wed 28-Dec-16 10:49:24

The cheap ones are fine. You might be able to use one you already have. If you're buying new I recommend one which goes to two decimal places and if possible one which has an illuminated display (easier to see in the dark).

Yes BBT only tells you afterwards but it's good for pinpointing and it's useful to have a few months of data. It can also tell you if you're pregnant before you get a BFP.

Bubblegum89 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:43:08

Yeah that's what I want one for, so I know when ovulation actually is. I'm using OPK's to test for surges but they can't really tell me if/when I've ovulated. I got positive OPK's the last two days along with cramps and ovary pain, today a negative OPK and no cramps or pain so I'm guessing I already ovulated but I was thinking that if I BBT along with it next cycle then that will give me a more accurate idea? I might give the cheapies a go then and maybe get something better if they don't work for me smile

Bubblegum89 Wed 28-Dec-16 13:43:35

Not when ovulation is. Meant to say when ovulation was!

Newtoday Wed 28-Dec-16 17:49:59

This one is good. Must be 2 decimal places!

Bubblegum89 Wed 28-Dec-16 17:56:35

Thanks NT, going to wait for AF to show up then I might get myself one of those smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now