Talk

Advanced search

Pregnancy test HELP

(8 Posts)
Lisaak1 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:05:13

Hi there, I'm positing as I need some advice on a pregnancy test I have done. As it's during the festive period I won't be able to visit a doctor until the new year and I'm currently stuck with the in laws until the end of the week so can't sneak out to get another test!

Basically last night at about 2030 I took the below test. As I was in a rush I only sprinkled the top of the stick. 20 minutes later nothing had appeared on the window. So I had another try and managed to get the stick properly!
Do we think this could be positive? It's so faint - it could be evaporation?

I am extremely irregular so it's really difficult to measure my periods or know when I'm ovulating. I can miss periods all together. At the beginning of the month there was a romantic weekend, a week later I spotted. It has now been 10 days since I spotted. I keep feeling like my period is coming. Uncomfortable tummy. Acne. My breast were tender.

Thanks for your help

NotWithoutMyMerkin Tue 27-Dec-16 16:08:42

That's not barely there at all! It's a good strong positive imo

haveacupoftea Tue 27-Dec-16 16:30:44

Yeah im pretty sure you are pregnant. Perhaps take another test to be sure.

Lisaak1 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:41:08

Oh wow! We have been "trying" for 18 months now (but not really trying as I can't track my periods etc). I feel this cant be true!!
I'm worried it could be a false positive as I effectively weed on the stick twice. Has anyone else done this?
I will hopefully be able to get another test tomorrow and use it correctly!

Thanks

Spam88 Tue 27-Dec-16 16:45:49

Well it definitely looks positive but I have no idea whether weeing on the stick twice would invalidate it...tentative congratulations until you can do another test.

mistletoeprickles Tue 27-Dec-16 16:58:52

There is definately a line but I'm not sure it's reliable because as you said you used it twice.
I'd retest to get a definite answer

McBaby Tue 27-Dec-16 18:01:04

If nothing appeared in 20 mins then it is negative. You can't just see on them again.

The line looks thin and blueer in one side so it could be an evap line.

Re test in the morning with a first response early result they give clearer results. And wee in a pot and dip in for the reccomend time that is easier.

Chaffinch1 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:05:27

Unless I'm mistaken the second line only appears if pregnancy hormones are present, if you used it twice it doesn't change that fact, there are pregnancy hormones present. Congratulations, I'd re test to be sure, but I think you've good reason to think this is positive

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now