Talk

Advanced search

Help with cervix position

(7 Posts)
Amz26 Tue 27-Dec-16 14:12:32

Help please

So I only came off the pill at the start of this month and I think I may of ovulated on around the 16th.. I'm not 100% sure as I never got a positive OPK... but it was a very close positive and then the OPK started to get lighter again and then faded completely sad so I'm guessing I missed the surge

So I guess I'm around 11dpo.. I've been checking my cervix position each day and I have noticed it's gone from being high and hard to high and soft..What could this mean? I thought if AF was coming it drops lower? As this is my first month in checking my cervix I'm unsure of how soon before AF it would drop lower!!! Also what is CM meant to be before AF as I've been reading lots of different things!!! I know everyone is different so it's hard to get a definitive answer but would just like to get some advice xxx

ispymincepie Tue 27-Dec-16 14:15:25

I'd have thought daily VEs would not be a good idea especially if you are pregnant.

KarmaNoMore Tue 27-Dec-16 14:16:45

Good grief woman, why are you doing this?

Amz26 Tue 27-Dec-16 14:27:16

I'm unsure if I have ovulated so I wanted to see if I could get more luck checking my cervix then using the OPK as it didn't seem to work! I'm not thinking I'm pregnant so I'm unsure why this is shocking? I'm still DTD with my OH and I'm sure that I'm more careful when I'm checking my cervix then when we are DTD!! I'm just a little bit taken a back why this isn't a good idea

ispymincepie Tue 27-Dec-16 17:00:14

It's just that it won't give you any definitive answers but could introduce infection.

BoBo90 Tue 27-Dec-16 17:50:21

There's nothing wrong with checking your cervix!

It's a good indicator of ovulation as it should lower, feel soft and open slightly. Cervix height changes throughout the tww and doesn't really tell you anything at all. It also won't necessarily lower for af but it will open. Cm also won't tell you anything in the tww. Sometimes in thick and creamy sometimes it's watery it pretty much does what it likes! My cervix and cm didn't do anything unusual in the tww I concieved

If you have just come off the pill I would try to relax a bit and just dtd every other day for the first few cycles. You could be trying for a long time and your cycles may be very long to start with (so you will end up using a lot of opks!)

Good luck and keep looking out for egg white cervical mucus, a low cervix and ov ache 😁

Amz26 Tue 27-Dec-16 19:01:04

Thanks so much bobo that's really helpful X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now