Talk

Advanced search

Grapefruit juice

(22 Posts)
pinkslippers Mon 19-Feb-07 23:55:33

Probably gonna sound really stupid here, but loads of threads keep saying drinking grapefruit juice just wondered what it was all about. ta.

pinkslippers Mon 19-Feb-07 23:57:16

bump

pinkslippers Tue 20-Feb-07 00:01:35

anyone??

Artoo Tue 20-Feb-07 06:18:44

It's supposed to improve your cervical mucus. It never seemed to make much difference for me, but some women swear by it

Hugs,
Artoo.

honeyapple Tue 20-Feb-07 09:33:04

hiya- I drank a glass of grapefruit juice every morning this month.... was 6th month TTC... anyway I definitely noticed more CM and..... I got my BFP!

Give it a go...

Ready Tue 20-Feb-07 09:51:58

You can't get a better recommendation than that!!!

cityangel Tue 20-Feb-07 10:09:29

I hate it ugh, but it has made a difference (lots of CM) for me too. So I down a glass around the critical time washing it down with anything that takes the taste away!

Grovefresh (no I don't work for them!) do an organic version that does the trick for me.

Another option for more CM is EPO (Evening Primrose Oil) and you could try pre-seed that mimics it.
I think the more CM the longer the sperm lasts and the easier it can travel.

Impatience Tue 20-Feb-07 11:21:20

I love grapefruit juice, and it seems to give me LOADS of cm. I have no idea how it works!

nomoremagnolia Tue 20-Feb-07 12:33:49

Does pink grapefruit juice work too? I actually like that!

londonlottie Tue 20-Feb-07 12:36:54

Message withdrawn

robin3 Tue 20-Feb-07 12:46:24

Worked for my mate after a year of trying and worked for me after 3 months of failing. Of course could have been coincidence but won't do you any harm.

Impatience Tue 20-Feb-07 12:53:00

The pink stuff did the same for me. And I was having a medium glass every morning.

Ready Tue 20-Feb-07 12:57:24

I want to say stop drinking it at ovulation, but I can't remember exactly why (uterine stimulant is what I am thinking, but not certain I am correct)

honeyapple Tue 20-Feb-07 12:59:01

I drank a large glass of regular fresh grapefruit juice (unsweetened!) every day until OV.

beansprout Tue 20-Feb-07 14:02:58

What CD would you begin?

honeyapple Tue 20-Feb-07 17:02:27

I think i started a couple of days after AF started... but only cos i hadnt been to the supermarket sooner! I think you should drink it for at least a week before OV to do any good. (Did i just make this up?)
I had lots of EWCM for a few days around OV. The grapefruit juice did not make CM every day, it was still v clear when i was OVing. I felt very positive because i was having such strong OV signals and was therefore also able to relax and feel confident that my body was working. I think this definitely helped me conceive as well.

gillian1973 Tue 20-Feb-07 18:22:50

Have any of you ever tried cough medicine to loosen up mucus?

softmusk Tue 20-Feb-07 18:38:51

has this worked for any one apart from ready and robin3 friend

cedar12 Tue 20-Feb-07 21:42:46

I am sure evening primrose worked for me. Might give the grapefruit juice ago as well.

Fingerscrossed2007 Wed 21-Feb-07 11:58:42

I tried the cough medicine in month one. Never again. It did work - increasing number of days of EWCM but it (the medicine) tasted yuk yuk yucky. You have to up your intake of water too - in order to facilitate the production of mucus.

A note to anyone tryign grapefruit juice. if you are on other medication check the instruction or with a pharmacist whether it is safe. Eg Grapefruit juice should never be taken if you are on many types of blood pressure and epilepsy medication.

Ready Wed 21-Feb-07 13:20:18

That's a very good point Fingerscrossed... you should be drinking 2 litres of water a day if you can. That's nothing to do with TTC just for hydration!! But I am sure that when properly hydrated the body will produce the necessary mucus easier??

Fingerscrossed2007 Thu 22-Feb-07 09:57:28

thats waht I tought ready. I'm hopeless at drinking water but the one thing that the cough mixture sagareminded me is to drink more all the time 9water that is ). off to get a herbal tea. Laters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now