Talk

Advanced search

How heavy was your implantation bleed?

(31 Posts)
lolipop2405 Sat 24-Dec-16 17:00:45

So this is month 2 of TTC, so I don't really know what to expect.

Have used Preseed lube this month, and tried almost daily around the time when I thought I was ovulating.

I have then had very sore boobs, increased sense of smell, headaches in morning, etc.

My period is due on Monday, but last night I started getting cramps like my period, and started to bleed pink/reddish, and it's heavier today.

Last night there was enough to cover half a liner, and I thought I might use a tampon today.
I'm not sure if it is period or implantation bleeding, as it is 3 days early and I have never had early periods before.

My questions are....how heavy was your implantation bleed, what colour was it, and how long did the bleeding last?

Also, how many days after the bleeding started did you get your BFP?

Thank you for reading. I was hoping to find out today that it was a BFP in time for Christmas Day, so it looks like I'm probably out this month, but was hoping for some positive stories!

Thanks for reading.

smile

MouseLove Sat 24-Dec-16 20:02:35

Sorry but that's probably AF. Implantation bleeding is VERY very very rare and usually very light, and only occurs once on wipe. However it can vary. Sorry! fsad

ChaChaChaCh4nges Sat 24-Dec-16 20:03:48

I haven't had implantation bleeding for any of my pregnancies.

DuRezidal Sat 24-Dec-16 20:04:51

I had implantation in my last pregnancy. Had one day where I wiped and there was red on the toilet roll but never on underwear etc.

blowmybarnacles Sat 24-Dec-16 20:10:01

Well, I thought I'd miscarried after my implantation bleed (I had miscarried before and it was similar) and was sent to EPU. I hadn't miscarried.

Lules Sat 24-Dec-16 20:11:33

I don't know if it was an implantation bleed or other bleeding but mine was heavy and painful but shorter than a period. You could have knocked me down with a feather when I found out I was pregnant.

ClaireFraser Sat 24-Dec-16 20:14:07

I had implantation bleed with my first pregnancy, lasted for about a day and half, was pinky brown and would have classes it as heavy spotting. Tbh it was very much like the first day of my period, so much so that I thought it was my period, was very surprised when it stopped after s day ish and ever more so when I got my bop not long after. DD turned up 9 months later!

I didn't get one with my next pregnancy tho so it very much varies I think.

ClaireFraser Sat 24-Dec-16 20:14:36

Good luck btw!

lolipop2405 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:52:50

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty sure it's AF as it's bright red, and in a few hours today filled 1 tampon full, (sorry TMI) and not showing any signs of stopping.sadoh well, try again next month!

lolipop2405 Sat 24-Dec-16 21:53:35

On the plus side; it means I can drink this Christmas! I hadn't planned to as I thought I might be pregnant!

MouseLove Sat 24-Dec-16 22:32:48

Sorry to hear that. I think it's still really early in your TTC journey, month 2 and you might still be getting used to your cycles and such. Don't beat yourself up. Sorry it's bad timing but 2017 will be your year!! Be kind to yourself tomorrow and please enjoy Christmas. Xxx

DuRezidal Sun 25-Dec-16 14:37:02

What was implantation bleeding like other people? Mine was bright red for one day with my daughter 5 years ago.

lolipop2405 Sun 25-Dec-16 23:14:32

Ok, so, update.... it seems to be stopping after 2 days, first Day- filled 2 medium tampons and second day- barely filled a quarter of 1 medium tampon. (Sorry TMI)
Bright red blood. No cramps.
Only a few cramps to begin with on Friday night. Little bleeding on Friday night, and then heavier yesterday and then pretty much stopped today.

Do you think this was IB, or just a very short period? I was supposed to start AF tomorrow.

I had quite a few glasses of wine today, if it was IB!! Oops! blush

TurquoiseDress Mon 26-Dec-16 17:33:35

Maybe wait a few days to do a pregnancy test and see?

That's probably the only way you can put your mind at rest.

I had never heard of implantation bleeding until I came on these threads back in the summer after having had a MMC (2 pregnancies in total, no IB in either that I can recall)

Good luck OP

haveacupoftea Mon 26-Dec-16 17:46:45

I think it was probably your period, sorry flowers

Flanderspigeonmurderer Mon 26-Dec-16 18:19:20

I think mine lasted about a day or two, barely anything really.

mazygracey Mon 26-Dec-16 19:56:01

Im 4 days late yesterday had very slight brown discharge same today did a test but it was negative been feeling sickly through the evening and night and very sensitive to smells i had the same discharge in the middle of the month around ovulation time anyone had similar? Could i be pregnant or should i visit the gp ?

MrsGsnow18 Mon 26-Dec-16 22:44:35

I think it's just been a lighter than normal/ early period. When I was TTC this happened me a few times and each time I thought/hoped it could be IB. In the end I didn't have any IB at all.
Test again in a few days just to make sure but don't get your hopes up (which I know is hard)
Good luck for next cycle!

Rabbitwoffle Mon 26-Dec-16 22:50:32

Probably a light period. Implantation bleeding tends to be a few rusty spots

mazygracey Mon 26-Dec-16 23:07:19

Thats all that im getting very light discharge was brown now a sort of brown with a red tinge ive never had a light period i always go straight from first sign to medium heavy medium then off :$

user1483383358 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:13:01

Did you test again?
I had lots of cramps and sore boobs 11days before my period which was really weird n enough for me to be certain I would be pregnant this month but kept getting bfn.
15dpo (same day AF due) I got VERY pink blood when wiping. This has gone on for 2 days as pink/brown as maybe a very light flow and spotting. But weirdly I've no cramps. When I get AF i always get cramps and a 'kicked in the 🌸' feeling which i then know AF will be there soon. So not sure if this actually is AF or not and to scared to test again 😣

user1483383358 Mon 02-Jan-17 19:15:16

I also never go straight into bleeding. I normally get brown CM before AF too, which hasn't happened. (Sorry for th tmi) 🤦🏼‍♀️

growcookeat Mon 02-Jan-17 20:50:44

Did you test OP?!

Currently 22 weeks pregnant - i had very heavy, red implantation bleeding. So much so, that I thought it was a period a few days early. I used tampons for at least 3 days.

I was so confused when I took a test weeks later and realised I was already 6 weeks pregnant! Oh and if you are pg don't worry about the wine at Xmas! It won't have had any effect yet.

user1483383358 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:21:29

Sorry I don't mean to be butting in 🙈
I didn't use OPK but predict my O and AF on an app.
I get very obvious ovulation symptoms like bloating, sore boobs, tender tummy which happened exactly bang on the app predicting.

Ps hope you guys don't mind me joining in, im very confused n feel like I'm being a bit daft.

user1483383358 Mon 02-Jan-17 21:26:15

Ov either 15th/16th Dec

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now