Talk

Advanced search

Ovulation tests

(6 Posts)
Happy03 Sat 24-Dec-16 00:17:41

Hi all,

So I came off my mini pill 9th November been doing ovulation tests now and again but at least 2 a week, which I know defeats the object but the end of November there was a visible but faintish positive line but nothing since? Does this mean I am at least ovulating?

Thank you

Bexicle22 Sat 24-Dec-16 00:29:51

If you got a faint line, that means it's negative. The test line has to be the same colour/darker than the control line (depending what tests you use) We all have some LH present which is why a line will normally show up every time you test. During the run up to ovulation, the amount of LH will increase which is when you will likely get a darker line indicating a higher amount of LH. Hope that helps smile

Happy03 Sat 24-Dec-16 02:46:00

Thank you very much for your advice it seems since the I've not even had a faint line and I've taken it badly sad

Bubblegum89 Sat 24-Dec-16 09:18:57

You should at least get a very faint line as the test will detect some level of LH. Could you maybe try another brand of OPK? I know that they can be frustrating for some women as they can just always seem to read negative and it puts them into a panic thinking they aren't ovulating but then they've changed test brand/type and that's worked. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about smile

Oysterbabe Sat 24-Dec-16 09:28:20

You need to do them every day, it's easy to miss the hormones surge.

Happy03 Sun 25-Dec-16 00:40:17

Thank you guys since that first one where I had a faint line I've seen nothing am I doing something wrong? Think I will try different brand? Unless I'm doing something wrong :s. What's the best Tim of day?
Dos and don'ts please?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now