Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Chemical pregnancy?

(4 Posts)
Bexicle22 Fri 23-Dec-16 23:45:06

I've always had really regular periods, when I went on to the implant I was having lots of bleeding but after about a year or so it had settled down to regular spotting the first week of every month. No problems until October when I didn't get any bleeding. I started having really sore boobs, so sore I needed to wear a sports bra in bed as lying down made them hurt too much unsupported. I got cramp-like pains around when AF was due but I just waited and assumed my implant was being annoying again. Then November came and my period didn't show up again and I was still having these symptoms like sore boobs, nausea etc. I took a pregnancy test but it was negative. Then a week or so later, I had a bleed. Heavier than what I was used to on the implant as I was only really having spotting. It only lasted an afternoon, if that. Then my symptoms seemed to disappear. My boobs started to hurt less, nausea wore off a little... I thought it was down to the implant even though by this point I'd already had it in 18 months.

Is it possible it could have been a chemical pregnancy? I just assumed that since you don't ovulate on BC that I couldn't have gotten pregnant. It just seemed weird that I missed essentially 2 periods and had a bunch of symptoms that disappeared after I had a weird mid-cycle bleed. Then again, I took a test and it was negative.

I'm probably completely wrong but just interested to know if it could be possible?

haveacupoftea Sat 24-Dec-16 00:17:14

Extremely unlikely, you were on birth control and had a negative hpt. Maybe worth discussing the implant with your GP to see if its right for you though.

Bexicle22 Sat 24-Dec-16 00:23:24

Thank you, I didn't think it could be but thought it was worth an ask!

I've already had the implant removed a few weeks ago as I decided it just wasn't for me, after that little episode in October/November, it made me want it taken out even more!

MouseLove Sat 24-Dec-16 20:08:53

No, you didn't have a chemical pregnancy. The negative test confirms this. And you were on BC. I would have a word with your GP about changing your BC as it seems it's not agreeing with you. The symptoms you describe are Pre-AF symptoms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now