Talk

Advanced search

Ttc

(4 Posts)
Happy03 Fri 23-Dec-16 21:49:37

Hi there, just wanted some advice really, as the title says me and my partner are ttc I came off my mini pill the 8th November no periods yet but no bfp either. I had read that the mini pill won't affect your fertility and everything should return as normal pretty quickly. I did have irregular cycles before but really
1. Does the mini pill affect fertility?
2. How long has it taken others ttc?
3. Any advice for us ttc?

Many thanks guys

HollyMay84 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:07:21

Hi Happy it can take a few cycles to get your cycles back to regular. As for how long it takes to fall pg I've heard stories of women falling pg after two wks off the pill, or on the other hand we've been trying 4 and a half years so it all depends really.
I have very irregular cycles too so i'd advise you to get an app to track them for a while to begin with. Just to see if there's any pattern. After a while if you can't see a pattern maybe try bbt charting. Just to make sure you are ovulating.
But most of all. Relax!
GL with everything while you're on your ttc journey! smile

Bubblegum89 Fri 23-Dec-16 22:07:50

Birth control doesn't affect future fertility although it can take a while for the hormones to settle down once you come off it. I'm not 100% sure if it's the same with the mini pill as it's progesterone only but I'd imagine it's similar in that it can take a few months to get your cycles back up and running. Plus if you had irregular cycles before, that could be a reason too. If you're concerned, you can always speak to your dr about it but I've read of women who have taken up to a year to get pregnant after coming off BC so it's all down to the person really smile

MouseLove Fri 23-Dec-16 23:20:33

Hi. The pill can effect your cycles for up to 12 months (anything after this and a doc might send you for tests) and so docs usually recommend that you have at least 1 full cycles before TTC. This allows your body to adjust to any hormone withdrawal. However the bleed after stopping might take a while to arrive. Mine took 50 days. Lots of other ladies on here are much longer. So, please please be patient. Try not to get obsessed either because you will be experiencing lots of pregnancy symptoms until that first bleed. It's all your hormones going wild. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now