Talk

Advanced search

Period 5 days late, cramps for a week and a negative test? help!

(6 Posts)
chlxe Thu 22-Dec-16 17:01:38

Hi ladies,
I've had cramps for the past week now which I assumed was mother nature showing her face however it never did come. I'm 5 days late now (was meant to start on 17th and end on 21st) i took a home test 2 days into being late and got a negative. I'm still getting cramps, feeling tired,moody and hungry. Any advice on the matter would be great!

Thank you x

Newtoday Thu 22-Dec-16 17:13:28

Waiting game and keep testing. Not sure what guidelines are as to when to see a doctor relating to a late period, but that may be a possibility eventually too. Some people don't get the BFP until well after missed period. Some people have a longer cycle then get their period.

Take good care of yourself in the meantime.

Leta86 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:20:38

Unlike those that claim that if your test is negative within 4 days of what they think was implantation and whatever the text on the test's box claim, it has been scientifically proven that the most reliable date for testing is 7 days AFTER AF was due, as beta hcg can still be under 25 ml/IU at 5 weeks and result in a viable pregnancy. Just google "b-hcg rise chart" and you'll see what I mean.

That said, I'm in the same boat, and sadly, cramps always mean I'm just late. I really really hope this is your month though. Fingers crossed and let us know how it went.

chlxe Wed 28-Dec-16 13:02:08

Just an update turns out I was pregnant after all, got a very faint positive yesterday! thank you for your support ladies

Newtoday Wed 28-Dec-16 15:55:38

Congratulations!

NeverGoOutOfStyle Wed 28-Dec-16 16:08:23

Congratulations! So how late were you when you finally got that BFP?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now