Talk

Advanced search

Would you test again?

(19 Posts)
Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 12:18:57

My period is due around now, and I have had cramping all day, but no period. Sorry tmi, but I feel a bit wet down there, so keep thinking I have come on, but there is no blood.

I tested last Friday as my boobs all of the sudden inflated, and I just felt pregnant, exactly the same as I did with dd. My cycles are a bit squiffy because of pcos, but it would have been two weeks after dtd without contraception. I don't think I ovulated until a few days after that though, so it was early to test really. Test was bfn.

I assumed the test was correct, and have been waiting for af. No af yet, and as I said cramping today, but no period, very sore boobs, but the swelling has mostly gone down.

Only other factor is that I had a steroid injection into a joint, which apparently can cause 'menstrual irregularities', but I'm really not sure what that means.

Would you test again? Or just assume it's the steroid injection making things a bit odd?

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 12:21:13

Sorry I missed a bit. Yesterday I was having sharp pains in my uterus area, not like period pains, like really sharp pains. Any ideas on that?

MrsG280516 Thu 22-Dec-16 12:58:36

The only way you'll put your mind at rest is to test again. If you ovulated later then last Friday may have been too early to get an accurate result on a test.

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 22-Dec-16 13:16:19

Stormwhale I am 5days late for my period and have taken three tests that have all been negative. I was going to hold out but I took the third today because I feel so strange. The nurser told me that if we ovulate late it probably wouldn't show up on a test until we're around 10days late.

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 14:01:35

I will get another test then.

I just have this niggling feeling that I am. I was so sure, and the only time I have ever been like that was when I fell pregnant with dd nearly 4 years ago.

Trying have you been having other symptoms?

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 15:56:59

Sorry if tmi. I went to the loo and had blood streaked cm about half an hour ago, not much blood there, and now it has stopped. Dp is coming home with a test.

Wingingit88 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:06:31

Fingers crossed for you

OnTheUp13 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:14:16

Hope you get the news you're hoping for brew

user1471496670 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:28:31

Fingers crossed for you x

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 22-Dec-16 16:33:25

Stormwhale I have been really really nauseous for around a week so I was so so sure I was pregnant and TBH deep down I still think there's a high chance I am. I have never ever in my life been this late before. I'm going to listen to the nurse and wait a little while longer. Goodluck!!!

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 17:29:04

Thank you. Dp should be back soon. If I am pregnant, should I be worried about this cramping and the cm with blood in it? I never had the spotting with dd. Does it mean there is something wrong if I am pregnant?

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 17:39:38

Trying, I really hope you get the result you want in a few days. The waiting must be horrible for you. flowers thanks for the support.

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 17:58:21

Not pregnant.

HungryHorace Thu 22-Dec-16 18:28:17

What kind of test was it? It may not be sensitive enough for evening testing in early pregnancy.

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 18:36:55

First response. I'll test again in the morning to be sure, but I think it's just the stupid steroid injection making my cycle a mess.

I'm gutted actually. We weren't ttc, but I got quite attached to the idea of another baby. I don't think dp will want to ttc though. I think we need to have a talk about it. Feeling a bit low now.

EvieSparkles0x Thu 22-Dec-16 18:46:25

Oh so sorry Stormwhale, I've been reading your thread as I'm in the exact same boat with same symptoms, really disappointed for you sad

You should definitely talk to your DP though, we weren't TTC either so I was super upset about my BFN today, but we talked and turns out the thought of us being pregnant again has made him decide he wants us to start trying smile

Stormwhale Thu 22-Dec-16 18:56:45

Thank you evie, that's really kind of you. So sorry you got a bfn too, but really happy for you that you are going to start trying. Good luck!

I'm going to wait until dd is in bed and see how he feels about it all. He reacted well to the news I might be pregnant, but he has said he before that one child is enough for him. I'll see how it goes. Thanks again.

EvieSparkles0x Thu 22-Dec-16 19:03:05

You're welcome, and good luck to you too smile

It's funny how men can be isn't it, my OH was adamant he only wanted one, then along comes a pregnancy scare and I could see how disappointed he was today, and now he's the one suggesting we start TTC!

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 22-Dec-16 22:14:05

Stormwhale so sorry to hear that you didn't get the result you wanted. Hopefully your DH will be open to having more children after this experience.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now