Talk

Advanced search

Fertility Apps.....thoughts?

(11 Posts)
MrsB110616 Mon 19-Dec-16 15:13:51

Are any fertility apps any good? I've got Ovia and Pink Pad but getting different fertile/ovulation dates...confused! X

juneybean Mon 19-Dec-16 15:17:10

I really like fertility friend. It's old in its style but does the job smile

MrsB110616 Mon 19-Dec-16 15:19:20

Did you get any conflicting dates or did it seem to be about right? I'm not TTC yet (got a holiday to a Zika area booked so have had to delay) but wanted to get everything tracked in advance. It's all so confusing!

HollyMay84 Mon 19-Dec-16 15:21:14

I think it's each to their own when it comes to this. Im using fertility friend and found it works fine for me. I've tried ovia and kindara and I couldn't get on with those. But I know ladies on here that get on fine with them so it really is playing around with a number of them until you find one you're comfortable with smile

powerpuffer Mon 19-Dec-16 16:05:43

I've always used MyCalendar for AF tracking and since TTC I've started with Ovia and FertilityFriend. I like the clean visuals and feel of Ovia but FertilityFriend seems more scientific to me, but I'm not sure why. Both give roughly the same fertile dates but I DTD both sides of the dates to be sure. I'm on cycle 3 so it's not worked yet but it does make me feel a little more in control.

MrsB110616 Mon 19-Dec-16 16:32:28

Thanks all! I've downloaded a couple more to try and get my head round them smile

Newtoday Mon 19-Dec-16 16:38:08

I've found Kindara the clearest!

user1471496670 Mon 19-Dec-16 17:12:46

I've downloaded Ovia...only used it for a week but liking it so far 😊

MotherOfBeagles Mon 19-Dec-16 20:14:04

I think it depends how you are tracking, if you are just going off period dates they will all slightly be different. Same with CM or CP but if you are temping they seem to be pretty consistent. I used to use Ovia as it was easy when i first started to get used to it, now i use Fertility Friend and find it really helpful and interesting.

MilleniumTalcum Tue 20-Dec-16 08:59:02

I loved Ovia. I just got my BFP on my second month of TTC. It took out lots of guesswork without being to all-consuming. I didn't like focusing on much besides ovulation as it made it seem like a chore and overly complicated. I preferred the old method of lots of sex, folic acid and crossed fingers grin but as a PP said, each to their own. Good luck OP

LisaSimpsonsbff Tue 20-Dec-16 09:03:56

I like Ovia, but am definitely finding it gets more accurate in its predictions over time, as it gets closer to my cycles rather than 'average' ones. Presumably you've got a bit of a wait until TTC if you've not yet gone to the Zika risk country, so (assuming you're not on hormonal conception) I'd start tracking periods now (but nothing else - don't get obsessive!) so that you get a good sense of your normal cycle length, the variation in that, etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now