Talk

Advanced search

Anybody else late with BFN?

(30 Posts)
mmmkayyyy Mon 19-Dec-16 13:23:51

Hi everybody!

My last period was on 18th November and according to my temps I ovulated on 7th December (later than anticipated). I usually have 28 day cycles (12 day LP) so was expecting my period 4 days ago. Obviously by the later ovulation that expected it's more likely due today. The only two times I've ever missed a period was once six years ago and once when I was pregnant with my son. I've taken a few pregnancy tests all negative.

Is anybody else hanging around getting BFNs but suspicious they are actually pregnant??

user1482261465 Thu 22-Dec-16 00:08:59

I'm here with you! My last AF was November 19th so I'm currently on CD33 of a usually 28 day (ish) cycle but getting BFN. It's pretty annoying isn't it hmm

Amz26 Thu 22-Dec-16 16:01:48

Hold on ladies you may still get a BFP! A good friend of mine didn't get a BFP until she was 6 weeks pregnant.. There's still hope for both of you... Sending you both lots of luck xx

user1482261465 Thu 22-Dec-16 17:25:12

Thanks Hun, AF is still a no show for me a sister of right now. Going to test again Saturday fingers crossed smile x

Amz26 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:10:28

It must be so frustrating for you both.. Have you got any pregnancy symptoms? Xx

EvieSparkles0x Thu 22-Dec-16 18:17:15

I'm in the same boat! Period due on the 19th of December but nothing yet.. I usually have regular 28 day cycles so we were convinced this month! Disappointed to get a BFN today, but it was a cheap test and I took it in the middle of the day. Was a 2 pack so will be testing again in the morning, hopefully if it's negative I will get my AF soon as I can't understand why it's late otherwise :S

archersfan22 Thu 22-Dec-16 18:59:25

I'm kind of in a similar position except I don't know if I'm really late as had a chemical pregnancy or early loss last cycle (only realised something was up when 'period' went on for over 2 weeks...) so not sure when to expect period. Haven't been testing for ovulation though some signs of it just over 2 weeks ago I think. Did a test on Friday as thought I had some signs (prob imaginary) and was negative. Imaginary signs have subsided but still no sign of period and with hindsight Friday probably was a bit early to test. It would be very weird if I was because we weren't really trying and our first took many years so two conceptions in two cycles would be pretty surprising but you never know. Am not holding my breath though, probably just was wrong about ovulation time and/or things need to settle down after last time.

Tryingtostayyoung Thu 22-Dec-16 22:21:43

I'm so happy I found this thread!!!
Im now 5ish days late which is very odd for me especially as my cycle is every 29-31days anyway. I took one test day 31 which was negative, another on day 33 again negative and another today (day 36) negative again!!! I spoke to my nurse today and she said that it still highly likely until around 10days late so I'm crossing everything.

EvieSparkles0x Thu 22-Dec-16 23:26:20

Fingers crossed for you too Trying and really sorry to hear about your miscarriage archers.

It does seem that a reasonable percentage of pregnant women still get negative tests a few days after a late period. As DD was unplanned, I have no idea how late I was before I got my bfp :/ Keep us updated!

user1482261465 Sun 25-Dec-16 09:56:15

How is everyone getting on? My AF is still a no show but got another bfn yesterday so I think my chances of getting a bfp at this point are out the window lol

EvieSparkles0x Sun 25-Dec-16 10:44:03

Merry Christmas user I'm still googling even on Xmas because I haven't tested since my BFN at 2 days after I expected AF to arrive. Even though I thought I'm def ot pregnant so not going to waste anymore money on tests, still no AF and this morning I'm getting so many more bumps on my nipples!

So many in fact that they've even come up just above my nipples just onto my actual boob, really weird as I've read that's usually a symtom of pregnancy and I can't think why they would br coming up otherwise? Still not convinced though! Won't be testing until the 30th, giving AF lots of opportunity to show up late as I hate seeing BFNs :/

archersfan22 Mon 26-Dec-16 08:13:51

Well I got a positive on Friday! (though first test may have been before period was due as unsure of time in cycle) Very very surprised and not at all convinced it will stick around after last time - want to do another test to make sure but I can't until at least tomorrow as don't have any more and have relatives staying so can't nip to the shops discreetly...
Am trying not to get too excited, haven't even looked up possible due date in case it goes the same way as the last one but fingers crossed. Christmas has been a useful distraction from googling! We are going on holiday later this week so that will also be good for distraction.
I wasn't really upset last time as I didn't know I had been pregnant until I had a very long period so didn't feel like I'd really lost anything (I know others might have felt differently).

EvieSparkles0x Mon 26-Dec-16 08:51:13

OMG congratulations! fgrin

I know what you mean about the miscarriage, but unfortunately they are quite common and having one doesn't mean any subsequent pregnancies are more likely to end that way smile

I think I exaggerated to myself how late I was due to period coming one day early last cycle, so am 6 days late today but haven't tested since AF was a day or two late. Trying not to get my hopes up and am actually pretty convinced I'm not sad 4 more days til I test as don't want to ruin my Xmas period by seeing a BFN! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy halo

user1482261465 Mon 26-Dec-16 16:38:50

Congratulations!! flowers

user1482261465 Mon 26-Dec-16 16:40:36

My AF is still a no show, I'm 9 days late today but got another bfn Xmas eve. I don't think I'll bother testing any more it's just disappointing sad

Tryingtostayyoung Mon 26-Dec-16 20:55:00

I'm now 9 days late, I just took a pregnancy teat and still bfn. I'm going to be calling the doctors tomorrow for an appointment because at this point I don't know what to think and I'm starting to freak myself out that it might be an eptopic as they don't always show on a test as positive. I'm my 15ish years of having a period I can never ever remember a time where I was later than 31days as I am normally 29 but can sometimes run over by a couple days. I'm at 41 tomorrow. I'm also extremely nauseous exactly as I was when pregnant with my first dc to the point where it's waking me up in the middle of the night.

EvieSparkles0x Mon 26-Dec-16 21:42:38

Wow I wonder what's going on with us!! I too never ever have periods this late, I stopped having period cramps a day or two ago but still keep checking thinking it must have arrived by now. Hopefully it will show up before the 30th so I can avoid testing and start tracking my cycles.

Trying I really hope it goes okay for you, hope you keep us posted, and sorry again about you BFN user x

Tryingtostayyoung Mon 26-Dec-16 21:56:53

archersfan22 massive congratulations to you!!!

EvieSparkles0x I am so so confused!! I keep trying to tell myself I'm being ridiculous but I feel pregnant. I'm completely kidding myself by pretending I don't feel this way. I've been pregnant twice in my life (second ended in miscarriage) and both time I knew I was before I even tested because I felt so unbelievably nauseous to the point I couldn't sleep and the second being that my neck gets covered in really sore spots and both have happened and it's too much of a conicdence that I'm also extremely late. I felt like this before I was even late which is why I did my first test the day before I was even due on. So now I'm starting to worry that something may be wrong and I am actually pregnant, as I know with eptopic pregnancies it's common to show as a negative.

EvieSparkles0x Tue 27-Dec-16 08:26:58

Wow Trying that is so weird! I agree your symptoms plus a late period must mean something... Hopefully they will do a blood test or even better an ultrasound if you express concerns that it might be ectopic. I really hope it works out well for you!

I've only been pregnant once with my DD, and as she was unplanned I'm driving myself crazy trying to remember exactly when I began to have symptoms. On one hand I remember being absolutely convinced I wasn't, and on the other I remember waking up in the middle of the night with ridiculously tingly nipples, which I haven't properly had yet.

However I had also recently come off the pill and have no idea how late my AF was before I got my first faint little BFP... Roll on the 30th/AF and get me out of this obsession!

Nutcaserugby Tue 27-Dec-16 09:02:25

Hello 5 days late I tested 3 days ago BFN so I assumed she would just show her ugly head. Just tested as still no AF and I think this means a BFP. I'm so confused as a BFN a few days I just been waiting for her to arrive and got all thoughts of possibly pregnancy out of mind. Any help ladies is this BFP? I have been trying since April and have no children. I am type one diabetic which makes things harder.

archersfan22 Tue 27-Dec-16 10:56:14

Nutcase - I can't really see on the picture but if there is one strong line (the control line which means the test is working) and one faint line then I believe this means there are some pregnancy hormones in the urine but only small quantities which could be because:
- pregnancy is very early which is why previous test was negative (in which case the hormone levels should rise quickly over the next week or so and the line is likely to get stronger)
- it isn't a healthy pregnancy (I got faint lines last cycle which then became properly negative - hopefully this isn't the case for you)
- the urine is very dilute which means in the sample you test there are lower concentrations of hormone. I guess this could be relevant to you because the diabetes is likely to make your urine more dilute. General advice is to test with first morning urine but this might be different for you, I don't know.

Good luck - our first took several years to conceive (no underlying health problems so don't know why) so I really know how miserable it can be when it takes a while to happen.

archersfan22 Tue 27-Dec-16 10:57:44

Everyone else - thank you, still positive this morning so fingers firmly crossed (still haven't looked up due date, will wait until after holiday). Rationally I know there is no reason for it to happen again but it's hard to feel confident.

EvieSparkles0x Tue 27-Dec-16 12:27:53

Oooh Nutcase that is a definite positive, looks like my first test with DD, congratulations halo

That's 2 late BFP's then, congratulations again to both of you! You've also given me hope, I got a BFN at 2 days past expected AF date and am a week late now. Will post back on Friday smile

NeverGoOutOfStyle Tue 27-Dec-16 12:47:20

That's a definite BFP.

user1482261465 Tue 27-Dec-16 18:40:24

Hey ladies hope everyone is doing ok and congratulations nutcase!! Just a quick update, my AF finally showed up today at an impressive 10 days late! Disappointing but at least I know what's happening now xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now