Talk

Advanced search

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Pulling Out

(16 Posts)
confusedat23 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:15:45

Hi Ladies!

Myself and DH are currently using the pull out method whilst we wait for the pill to completely
Come out of my system. I just wanted to know if any ladies on here have concieved whilst using this?

Looneytune253 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:16:34

Yep, I suspect there will be hundreds more comment haha

Fairylea Mon 19-Dec-16 08:18:14

If you don't want to get pregnant you're daft to do this. Absolutely daft.

Fairylea Mon 19-Dec-16 08:18:52

Oh sorry I've just seen this is conception. So I'm guessing getting pregnant would be okay? grin

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Mon 19-Dec-16 08:19:54

Why?

Are you waiting for a full cycle, as advised by some midwives, so you can date the pregnancy? If so, it's not a disaster if you conceive. Otherwise, no.

Condoms?

Dizzybintess Mon 19-Dec-16 08:20:53

That's the number one lesson they teach you in sex Ed I think!

confusedat23 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:37:31

Thanks everyone!

We arn't using it so as to definately not get pregnant. We are in the right position to have a baby so it wouldnt be the end of the world!. I used to take a strong pill and for quite a long time without taking breaks so i was told it could take a long time to get back to normal, and tbh i am a complete control freak and i would go POAS crazy if i had a long cycle! So its more personal preference to try and wait for a pattern in cycle length. We were using condoms but i hate them! It just seems like its a lot more complex then they told us at school to make a baby so i thought better to ask the opinion of MN instead!

Xxx

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Mon 19-Dec-16 20:57:40

You're a better woman than I am if you can stick to withdrawal when pregnancy would be a welcome outcome

fwink

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Mon 19-Dec-16 20:58:05

But anyway - diaphragm might work?

haveacupoftea Mon 19-Dec-16 21:01:29

It's bloody hard for most of us to get pregnant when we are attempting it with gusto, let alone using the withdrawal method! But I still wouldn't recommend it as a form of contraception or anything.

user1482261465 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:36:25

My sister got pregnant whilst using the pull out method. I really wouldn't advise it if you don't want to risk a pregnancy

Itsjustaphase84 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:26:56

Pre-cum???

Rikalaily Wed 21-Dec-16 10:11:30

Me and ex used that method when we planned no.3. I stopped taking the pill in March and planned to wait for it to clear my system and ttc properly after April to avoid a Christmas baby... No.3 is 10 tomorrow, I got pregnant within a week or so of coming off the pill, lol.

WantToRunAgain Wed 21-Dec-16 10:15:53

Just don't worry about it - if getting pg is your ultimate aim then relax, enjoy the sex and what will be will be.

conkerpods Wed 21-Dec-16 12:54:52

Yes it happened to me. A colleague had done it for years and never got pregnant so I thought it would work for us hmm
We used withdrawal for about 3 cycles and then I got pregnant. He always pulled out in time but it must have been the Pre swimmers that did it. It was a very happy surprise. Subsequent planned pregnancies were conceived on 1st of 2nd cycle so very fertile.

Shadowboy Wed 21-Dec-16 12:56:04

Easy answer- yes. I currently have a 5 week old.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: