Talk

Advanced search

Pulling Out

(16 Posts)
confusedat23 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:15:45

Hi Ladies!

Myself and DH are currently using the pull out method whilst we wait for the pill to completely
Come out of my system. I just wanted to know if any ladies on here have concieved whilst using this?

Looneytune253 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:16:34

Yep, I suspect there will be hundreds more comment haha

Fairylea Mon 19-Dec-16 08:18:14

If you don't want to get pregnant you're daft to do this. Absolutely daft.

Fairylea Mon 19-Dec-16 08:18:52

Oh sorry I've just seen this is conception. So I'm guessing getting pregnant would be okay? grin

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Mon 19-Dec-16 08:19:54

Why?

Are you waiting for a full cycle, as advised by some midwives, so you can date the pregnancy? If so, it's not a disaster if you conceive. Otherwise, no.

Condoms?

Dizzybintess Mon 19-Dec-16 08:20:53

That's the number one lesson they teach you in sex Ed I think!

confusedat23 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:37:31

Thanks everyone!

We arn't using it so as to definately not get pregnant. We are in the right position to have a baby so it wouldnt be the end of the world!. I used to take a strong pill and for quite a long time without taking breaks so i was told it could take a long time to get back to normal, and tbh i am a complete control freak and i would go POAS crazy if i had a long cycle! So its more personal preference to try and wait for a pattern in cycle length. We were using condoms but i hate them! It just seems like its a lot more complex then they told us at school to make a baby so i thought better to ask the opinion of MN instead!

Xxx

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Mon 19-Dec-16 20:57:40

You're a better woman than I am if you can stick to withdrawal when pregnancy would be a welcome outcome

fwink

DeepAndCrispAndEvenTheWind Mon 19-Dec-16 20:58:05

But anyway - diaphragm might work?

haveacupoftea Mon 19-Dec-16 21:01:29

It's bloody hard for most of us to get pregnant when we are attempting it with gusto, let alone using the withdrawal method! But I still wouldn't recommend it as a form of contraception or anything.

user1482261465 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:36:25

My sister got pregnant whilst using the pull out method. I really wouldn't advise it if you don't want to risk a pregnancy

Itsjustaphase84 Tue 20-Dec-16 21:26:56

Pre-cum???

Rikalaily Wed 21-Dec-16 10:11:30

Me and ex used that method when we planned no.3. I stopped taking the pill in March and planned to wait for it to clear my system and ttc properly after April to avoid a Christmas baby... No.3 is 10 tomorrow, I got pregnant within a week or so of coming off the pill, lol.

WantToRunAgain Wed 21-Dec-16 10:15:53

Just don't worry about it - if getting pg is your ultimate aim then relax, enjoy the sex and what will be will be.

conkerpods Wed 21-Dec-16 12:54:52

Yes it happened to me. A colleague had done it for years and never got pregnant so I thought it would work for us hmm
We used withdrawal for about 3 cycles and then I got pregnant. He always pulled out in time but it must have been the Pre swimmers that did it. It was a very happy surprise. Subsequent planned pregnancies were conceived on 1st of 2nd cycle so very fertile.

Shadowboy Wed 21-Dec-16 12:56:04

Easy answer- yes. I currently have a 5 week old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now