Talk

Advanced search

How long will this last!

(11 Posts)
dangle90 Sun 18-Dec-16 20:59:31

Hey ladies!
So came off the pill less than 2 weeks ago. Loads of pregnancy signs which I know are to do with coming off the cerelle pill! I know I can't be pregnant so soon. Just wondered how long it lasted for others that experienced this. Had no withdrawal bleed or anything so far.
Thanks

MouseLove Sun 18-Dec-16 21:12:58

50 days. As soon as that first AF arrived it was like a huge reset for my body. My first cycle was 50 days. Relax, don't drive yourself crazy and certainly don't pee on any sticks until you're at least on CD40. Use this time to enjoy Christmas and new year, DTD lots and see how things go.

But yeah, my body was a mess. And still is really.

dangle90 Sun 18-Dec-16 21:18:19

50 days shock I don't think I will last that long haha!!! "Stepping away from the sticks!" Yeah I'm glad Xmas is here for some distraction really! It consumes you rather a lot!
Thanks mouse!

MouseLove Sun 18-Dec-16 23:56:10

Unfortunately you'll have to last as long as your body takes. Don't count these first few months as hardcore trying. Let your body regulate and get use to not having that pill. Remember you're stopping taking a hormone so everything will be out of wack for a little bit. X

MmmMalbec Mon 19-Dec-16 06:07:20

I'm with Mouse, when I came off I had a 56 day cycle, then a 28 one where I bled most of the month, then a 54 day cycle, then finally my body settled down and I had a 34 day cycle and got pregnant the cycle after. Some people do get pregnant straight off the pill but having a crazy body for a while is totally normal too!

dangle90 Mon 19-Dec-16 07:51:12

Better get my self set for the long haul then fblush thanks for your replies ladies hope you have a lovely Xmas x

FlaminFlamingo99 Mon 19-Dec-16 08:21:20

My first cycle off pill was 58 days, so another long one I'm afraid. Everyone is different and your body will get back to regular cycles in its own time. You may or may not feel any different, may or may not have any side effects from stopping the pill either.
Fwiw I had lots of 'pg symptoms' the first few months after I stopped the pill - dizziness, sickness, tired, very emotional, so I did POAS almost every cycle for the first 3/4 times, but I wasn't pg, it was my hormones trying to settle after not having the pill anymore.
You may get lucky and conceive first time, but just try to lower your expections because if you don't get a BFP it can be incredibly disappointing. Good luck 🍀

Redpony1 Mon 19-Dec-16 09:42:57

i took my last Cerelle pill 14 days ago and no withdrawal bleed yet, i am so impatient haha

dangle90 Mon 19-Dec-16 10:04:06

Flaming: yeah i do think it's just my body playing tricks so just need to stay away from the evil sticks for a while haha!
Red: same here! Have you had any nausea or anything?

Redpony1 Mon 19-Dec-16 10:35:22

dangle90 Nope, no nausea, boobs a tiny bit sensitive but only noticeable when i take my bra off at night. I run 4 times a week and ride horses daily and that hasn't amplified any potential symptoms yet either, which i thought it would...
I'm hoping for some normal-ness soon though, i have been on the pill for 5 years.
I had 1 week pill break in early October when i accidentally ran out, thinking i had another box when i didn't. I had a bleed within 4 days and started taking pill again a day after bleeding stopped. Sort of expected to bleed quickly this time too!
Fx for us all smile

dangle90 Mon 19-Dec-16 11:17:30

Yeah exactly red if I've ever been late taking the pill or anything I'm bleeding before I know it, now I want to to bleed there's nothing confused that sounds so wrong haha! I'm too impatient I can see it's going to be a stressful ride lol! Fx for you too x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now