Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TTC seems far more complicated than I realised..

(7 Posts)
Mandraki Sun 18-Dec-16 18:36:14

So we're about to start TTC and we are so excited! But I've always just thought it was a case of having lots of sex and then waiting until your period is late and then doing a test if it doesn't come, and if it does then you're not pregnant. Reading all the threads though it seems there are a lot of things I didn't know, and so what I'd like to know is other than sex every other day, what else do people do that maybe we should be doing? I just want us to have the best chance of conceiving, I have waited so long for this baby.

Fluffsnuts Sun 18-Dec-16 18:39:22

Please, please, please start out doing exactly that - having lots of sex, preferably in the first half of your cycle but whenever you feel like it. If after a few months you aren't pregnant, then start with OPKs, temping etc.

Hippychic79 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:54:51

Completely agree with fluff.
Just to add - remember to relax, enjoy making love with your partner and remember that although we've all got the same destination, everyone's circumstances are different xxxxxx

Mandraki Sun 18-Dec-16 19:08:19

Thank you ladies, I will do just that. Didn't know about the first half of your cycle thing though, so thanks smile see there is so much I don't know. All this time of actively trying not to get pregnant, it's so weird to be trying to get pregnant on purpose haha!

MoonlightMojitos Sun 18-Dec-16 19:25:34

There is nothing more complicated to it than getting the sperm to an egg! It just can become a bit all consuming. As above have lots of sex and enjoy it! Good luck. I would recommend downloading an app to track your cycles just because it's very handy to know what is normal for you and when af is due, start taking folic acid now if you're not already and that's it!

sk1pper Sun 18-Dec-16 20:22:20

Taking follic acid is a must smile

MotherOfBeagles Mon 19-Dec-16 20:25:38

If you want to start tracking then do, but if you would feel better just enjoying it and having lots of sex then definitely do that!

I am one of these people who need to understand things to cope so i went all in from the start, researching, reading up and tracking things and that helped me cope. I couldnt even think about coping not knowing whats going on. But people i talk to think im insane and it would drive them loopy.

Do what feels right for you, any stress or pressure on your or your other half will not do any good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now