Talk

Advanced search

Line or no? Pregnant or not?

(18 Posts)
Excellentstick Sun 18-Dec-16 06:16:12

I've had two negative boots own brand, this is a clear blue. I'm really confused about my cycle but I think I'm 14dpo

Newtoday Sun 18-Dec-16 06:17:36

Positive! Test again tomorrow - levels should be increasing so should be a darker line then.

iloveberries Sun 18-Dec-16 06:20:51

Could be a chemical pregnancy...

Don't get your hopes up but test again in 48 hrs if no period

Excellentstick Sun 18-Dec-16 07:24:49

Did that happen to you with a faint line berries? It's a bit strange I have to say. Every other time I've been pregnant it's been a very strong line straight away and I think both times that was before my period was due

mistletoeprickles Sun 18-Dec-16 07:31:45

There is definately a line. Clear blue are known for not being that sensitive, maybe try a first response

haveacupoftea Sun 18-Dec-16 20:59:21

Yeah thats a positive. Not sure why PP would think its a chemical confused

Excellentstick Mon 19-Dec-16 08:51:04

Well I did another one this morning and got another line. Have since done a Waitrose cheapo ( second MU but hadn't drank anything before) and a clearblue digital with the same sample (dipped them both) and not even a squinter of a line on the Waitrose one and digital says not pregnant. Could the clear blue non digis be giving false results?

OfficerMeowMeowFuzzyface Mon 19-Dec-16 08:55:06

Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but shouldn't that test have a + to show positive, not just a line?

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 09:01:46

OP clear blue digital aren't that sensitive.
Wait another 48 hours and try a first response

Excellentstick Mon 19-Dec-16 09:12:23

Officer, it does have a cross but the other line is very very faint - hence my posting

Excellentstick Mon 19-Dec-16 09:13:05

Mistletoes, did try to get a FR this morning but none in shop

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 09:20:16

There is a list on line somewhere about the sensitivity of different brands, I can't for the life of me remember many though.
All I do know is previouslu first response gave me a line 4 days before AF was due. This time I was 4 days late and the line was darker than the test. From what I've read before blue dye tests don't show as easily as pink dye tests.

OfficerMeowMeowFuzzyface Mon 19-Dec-16 09:20:26

Sorry, then - I just can't see it, but obviously other people can! Hope you get your reassuring answer soon.

Excellentstick Mon 19-Dec-16 10:19:14

I'm calling false positive on those clearblue tests. Dodgy!! I've been reading a lot about it online. Really bad they are allowed really. I'll stay away from blue dye tests from now on!

Newtoday Mon 19-Dec-16 10:39:50

The list is on countdowntoptegbancy - google that!

user1482261465 Tue 20-Dec-16 20:45:33

I can see it smile but test again tomorrow when hopefully it will be darker. But it looks promising! congratulations flowers

ScarletSienna Tue 20-Dec-16 20:48:51

I can see a + clearly without clicking on the picture and agree to test in 48 hours. I also like the tests that say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' as I could convince myself either way. flowers

onlymrsmac Thu 22-Dec-16 20:50:00

@excellent did you poas again?? Fx for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now