Talk

Advanced search

Period 8 days late

(7 Posts)
Chamonix1 Sat 17-Dec-16 18:19:23

Had my implant out in oct, had 1 period since then and now my period is late.
We are trying but don't want to get my hopes up and take a test as not sure how long my cycle was before implant (had it in 3 years) and not sure whether my "period" was a proper one and if the implant could mess things up a bit.
Anyone got experiences after having the implant out and conceiving/ periods returning ? fsmile

wherethefuckisthefuckingtuna Sat 17-Dec-16 18:38:49

My periods returned almost straight away after I had my implant taken out. My cycle was a very regular 28 days.

Took us 9 months to conceive DS. Am now pregnant again less than two years later and this time is happened straight away.

You won't know until you take a test. Better to put yourself out of your misery so to speak surely?

Best of luck

Chamonix1 Sat 17-Dec-16 19:05:32

Thanks for the reply.
I'm scared to take a test because I'm worried it's too early to tell/ worried I'm not!
I will take one next week of my period doesn't turn up. It'd be helpful if I knew my cycle better!

bluebird1235 Sat 17-Dec-16 19:10:24

I had mine out at the beginning of October too. Had one period mid October roughly when I was expecting it (I have never been particularly regular) and then got BFP 4 days before my next period was due.

I would defo take a test if your period is 8 days late. Otherwise you'll just be wondering!

Chamonix1 Sat 17-Dec-16 19:28:41

Bluebird
Congrats.
So I could be pregnant that quickly...I will test next week as we are away this weekend!
If I get a negative with no period it'll be very confusing but this waiting business is no fun!

bluebird1235 Sat 17-Dec-16 19:34:34

Thanks!

I think a lot of people do get messed up cycles when they come off but mine seemed about the same. My gp said to try and keep track of things for a couple of months so that I had a better idea what was going on but we thought we'd just get on with it and see what happened! I wasn't too sure what my cycle would be or when was good to test but I just bought a mega pack of cheap tests from amazon and started testing as I was too excited not to!

Good luck!

Chamonix1 Sun 18-Dec-16 11:14:57

Well period has shown up today! Maybe next month smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now