Talk

Advanced search

37 and worried I won't get pregnant

(9 Posts)
Yorkshirelass2016 Sat 17-Dec-16 17:05:52

Hi I've had 2 miscarriages at 34 and 36, the last one was last December the baby had stopped developing at 8 weeks and I found out at our 12 week scan. I had to have a medical miscarriage and the experience left me really upset, I ended up giving up my job due to depression and needed sometime to sort myself out. Got back on track and been trying again since August but I haven't got pregnant. The last couple of times I got pregnant pretty quickly but now I'm not. Im trying to stop myself from getting upset because my partner says to just keep trying, I feel guilty that I didn't just try again straight away after the last one, I know my partner would have but I just felt too upset and scared it would happen again. I wasn't strong enough. I'm worried now though I've left it too late to have a baby. It's hard when I have all my friends with babies and see other women get pregnant so easily and I can't. It's hard to talk about it without getting upset, I don't want to get down again either so I try not to think about it. Can anyone give me any advice ?

knorrig Sat 17-Dec-16 17:22:20

Been in a very similar situation to you - 37 and two previous miscarriages and similar feelings about it not happening...but am now 13 weeks pregnant smile
I tried acupuncture and really believed it worked for me - it helped keep me calm and also believe it gave me stronger ovulation.

Good luck, don't lose hope

Newtoday Sat 17-Dec-16 17:28:22

So sorry to hear what you've been through.

Have you seen doctor? Can you get some basic fertility checks?

These two books here and here should help give you some basic information.

And I've heard Accupuncture and baby aspirin from ovulation helps too, maybe someone with guidelines on this could help.

Good luck to you.

Yorkshirelass2016 Sat 17-Dec-16 17:45:02

Thanks so much I have just contacted a local acupuncture centre for an appointment next week. Yes I will make an appointment with my doctor also and order these books. Helping actually to do something positive rather then worry! Thank you for that x

Newtoday Sat 17-Dec-16 19:42:30

The basic plan in "it starts with the egg" should be enough for you. And knowing your cycle will be empowering in general.

You may find you can relax more after taking some basic steps and with knowing some important knowledge.

Clara101 Sat 17-Dec-16 20:04:29

Hello Yorkshirelass, sorry you're having a tough time.. Miscarriage is really hard.. I hope everything works out for you. I had my first at 38 and second at 41, it's not too late! I agree with the suggestions New and knorrig made. Acupuncture helped me too. Good luck!

whoopsiedaisy123 Sun 18-Dec-16 12:03:49

I conceived quickly at 39 but had a mmc at 12 weeks just after my 40th birthday. It then took us 18 months to conceive and I had a healthy beautiful baby at 41. Then, at 42, when our baby was only 7 months old we discovered we were expecting another (the result of one night!) our little girl arrived when I was 43. You're definitely not too old!

First time round I was caffeine, alcohol, chocolate, everything free smile our surprise baby was conceived on a diet of caffeine and chocolate thanks to being so exhausted with our first baby.

Several Drs have told me this is so common because stress has a negative impact on the body so often couples conceive when they least expect.

The only thing I would advise is to visit your GP and have the routine tests done.

Good luck x

lanbro Sun 18-Dec-16 12:07:48

I would recommend seeing a chiropractor, I know a lot of people think they are quacks but a small adjustment could help. It certainly couldn't do any harm. Good luck xx

LondonGirl83 Mon 19-Dec-16 18:25:17

I'd ask your GP to refer you for recurrent miscarriage diagnosis. I have two friends I know that following a simple operation were able to maintain a pregnancy after multiple miscarriages.

Also, you aren't to old. You are still more likely to have a baby than not at 37 so I hope that provides some reassurance.

Lastly, miscarriage is way more common that people realize and no one tells you about it until you tell them you've had one. Many, many women have multiple miscarriages and go on to have 2 or 3 kids. Reach out to your female network as you'll seen see how true this is. This helped me after my miscarriage to put the experience in perspective and stay positive. I'm now 32 weeks pregnant smile

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now