Talk

Advanced search

Help with my OPK

(21 Posts)
Amz26 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:06:08

Hi, I'm a little confused with my OPK results! I did one test this morning and one this evening.. I thought it might get darker but this evening it's much light! Does anyone know what this could mean?
Thanks X

Newtoday Fri 16-Dec-16 19:11:50

Bumping for you

Amz26 Fri 16-Dec-16 20:08:19

That's what I was thinking newt do you think I've missed the ovulation tho? X

Newtoday Fri 16-Dec-16 20:09:23

Not an expert on OPKs.
Do tou temp and chart alongside using them?

Amz26 Fri 16-Dec-16 21:54:28

No I don't temp at all.. Only been TTC Since start of December.. Do you think it's better to temp?

INeedNewShoes Fri 16-Dec-16 21:58:46

Keep testing...

Don't necessarily expect a gradual progression from light to dark test lines.

My pattern tends to be gradually getting darker up to CD 11, then lighter for a day or two up to CD 13 then getting darker again before finally getting a positive on CD 14 or 15.

I think its fairly common for there to be a drop off just before the real LH surge when you'll get the positive.

Amz26 Fri 16-Dec-16 22:19:15

Newshoes- thanks so much it's so confusing sometimes! I've only just come off the pill so I'm not sure of my cycle at all yet X

PenguinsandPebbles Fri 16-Dec-16 22:29:05

I've peed on more sticks than I've had hot dinners

the morning one (left) looks like a very high/high or a peak to me. If that's the case you will ovulate within the next 12-36 hours.

What's worked for me, is using the Ovia app and adding data religiously. I also use the clear blue monitor it's expensive but it just takes some headache out of it.

I did use the sticks you have, but monitor is less of a headache for me.

I can go from low to peak within a day, and then other times it will be high, high, peak.

Pick a time to test and stick to it smile your go crazy otherwise smile

RNBrie Fri 16-Dec-16 22:35:14

Your lh surge can be as short as 6 hours so you might only get a positive reading during a short window. You can also have mini lh surges before the main one that makes you ovulate, so you might get near positives.

Please don't buy the clear blue monitor, it is a massive rip off as the sticks do exactly the same thing as the cheap ones, the monitor just reads them for you. It also only allows you to test once a day and some people are better off testing twice.

But having conceived three babies, my honest advice would be to stop peeing on sticks for all of the confusing reasons above.

Wait till your period ends and then have sex every other day until it starts again. Dc3 was conceived first month of trying this method. Dc2 took a year of peeing on some cheap and some very expensive sticks.

RNBrie Fri 16-Dec-16 22:37:17

Oh and in answer to the actual op (sorry) thr morning one is not positive, but is a high reading. Given than your afternoon one was a lower reading, you've either had your lh surge before the morning one or it was just a mini surge and you've still got it to come. Just keep having sex!

Amz26 Fri 16-Dec-16 22:56:04

Thanks penguin and rnbrie You've both been really helpful.. I haven't been off my pill very long so I guess the best thing is just to keep DTD like you said.. I think next time I might get the clearblue test instead as a few people have said its much better X

PenguinsandPebbles Fri 16-Dec-16 23:29:24

If you can afford the advanced monitor go for it!

Your first test doesn't look too different from my peak test so you must be close

I get agonising pain near ovulation, not everyone gets that so don't worry if you don't smile and I also can't resist DP fwink so listen to your body grin

The Ovia app is really good IMO

Amz26 Fri 16-Dec-16 23:57:04

They are really expensive tho, that's why I was using the Internet ones..I hope I am close I will Defo keep testing and DTD to make sure I at least have a shot this month.

I've had a few cramps but not having a period in 2 years I don't know what I'm looking for 😁

I've just downloaded the app it looks really good and it said I'm ovulating anytime soon! That's without putting in my last period. X

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 17-Dec-16 00:13:50

You need to add lots of data to the Ovia app.

They are really expensive, you might be lucky with the internet ones and you can post here for advise on your sticks

Take photos of them all, write days on them with a sharpie so you can compare.

Cramps indicate ovulation, mine is like a hot needle but a light cramp could be ovulation smile keep an eye out for similar feelings in a week.

Best of luck to you !

Amz26 Sat 17-Dec-16 00:17:52

Good idea.. Really appreciate all your help and I'm sure I will need it again soon X

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 17-Dec-16 00:23:34

Any time, am happy to help smile

I have a peak test and will take a photo of that and a high so you can see something for comparison

Just don't try really hard not to drive yourself nuts with POAS...

Amz26 Sat 17-Dec-16 00:46:23

That would be amazing if you could do that! Thanks 😃

How long have you been TTC? I'm already going crazy haha X

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 17-Dec-16 01:01:57

you will go crazy smile I still do every single month grin

Im sorry to say I've been trying for two years but my story is a sad one as I've had seven miscarriages, but I'm very much in the minority. It's very rare so please just enjoy TTC and I hope it just happens for you! I have lots of friends who fell pregnant first time and I'm so happy for them!

if my POAS can help someone then that's amazing smile I've not long ovulated after a few month breaks of trying so fingers crossed this time it will happen smile will take some photos tomorrow

Amz26 Sat 17-Dec-16 01:14:47

I'm so sorry to hear that! And here's me worry about myself.. I really wish you so much luck and hope you get your BFP this month 😀

Thanks so much you've been so much help and please keep me updated on how you're doing too xx

PenguinsandPebbles Sat 17-Dec-16 01:21:34

Gosh don't be sorry, every womans pregnancy journey is different and my experience is very different from most, and I'm a lucky lady in many aspects of my life.

If I can help someone else then it's a good thing!

Amz26 Sat 17-Dec-16 01:41:03

Well you're very kind to help me out, thanks again x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now