Talk

Advanced search

TTC, late period, don't know why I'm posting

(12 Posts)
BumblingBee89 Thu 15-Dec-16 21:01:46

Hi all,
Don't know why I'm posting really. TTC our first. It's not even been that long, we've only been trying since August. But every month when my period is due I'm just hoping and hoping that I'm pregnant.

I was pregnant two months ago but had a very early miscarriage/chemical pregnancy at 5 weeks.

My period is due today, or possibly yesterday. I usually have a 28 day cycle but last month was 31 (but I did have some spotting in the lead up to it).

I'm now on cycle day 30, and I think I ovulated on day 17. I was using OPKS but ran out so can't be sure when I ovulated, but I did get some pink stuff on cycle day 17, which I hoped was a sign of ovulation.

Anyways. I'm rambling. To cut a long story short, I've taken a million tests and they're all negative. First response/clear blue/cheap tests...all negative. So I'm not pregnant am I? Or could I be?

I keep getting pains/cramps in my right side, almost just above my hip. Not severe at all, I'm probably just symptom spotting. But it's enough for me to notice. I wondered if this could be a sign?

I feel embarrassed posting this. I sound mad, I know. But I think I just wanted to share with others who might understand how it feels.

Stories of how it was the same for you but you were actually pregnant would be appreciated too wink

Autumn0909 Thu 15-Dec-16 22:17:05

You're not mad at all - simply being hopeful! I completely understand how you feel; I've had exactly the same thing this week but unfortunately my period came today, 5 days late and four negative tests later.
I hope somebody else comes along with a story of how they had the same thing and were pregnant, but in the meantime I just wanted to let you know that I understand how you feel.
Fingers crossed!

BumblingBee89 Thu 15-Dec-16 23:17:54

Hi Autumn . Thank you for your reply and for letting me know that I'm not alone! Sorry you ended up getting your period sad it's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets like this. Like I say, we haven't even been trying long, but I just want it to happen so much. I don't know whether I need to be accepting now that this month isn't the month, because I know if and when my period does come along I'll be so disappointed. I was really hoping I'd be pregnant by Christmas!

MouseLove Thu 15-Dec-16 23:30:21

I think you need to wait until you completely miss AF before you test. You're going to drive yourself crazy!!! Relax, enjoy TTC and remember if you're pregnant you'll have to wait 9 months anyways. What's another week? It will come when you are ready. FX. X

BumblingBee89 Sat 17-Dec-16 13:15:00

Thank you Mouse . I do need to relax. My husband agrees that I'm driving myself crazy!

I am now 70million 15 dpo (I think) and still not even a sign of AF. But still getting BFN. I've kind of resigned myself to thinking that I'm not pregnant now, because surely if I was I'd be getting a BFP by now? I'm still hoping though.

MouseLove Sat 17-Dec-16 20:59:55

I'll be honest. If you know when you ovulated. Yes you'd be getting at least a faint BFP by now. Hugs. Don't beat yourself up. It's still early days in your TTC journey and stress can really cause problems with your cycles. Enjoy Christmas. I'm sure your BFP is just around the corner. X

BumblingBee89 Sun 18-Dec-16 12:29:30

Thank you Mouse, I appreciate and need the honesty. I can't say for sure when I ovulated because I ran out of OPKs, but I think it was CD17 because I had a very small amount of pink spotting. So that's all I'm going by really.

I'm on CD33 now which is quote unusual for me. Still absolutely no sign of AF. No spotting, no pains, nothing.

I've been using cheap tests and got another bfn this morning. Don't know whether to but a first response today, but I have a feeling it will be bfn and I'll be £10 poorer and a bit sad!

MouseLove Sun 18-Dec-16 14:17:13

I think you need to wait. If you think you ovulated on CD17 then you would probably get a line now on a HPT. Sorry. X

Sonnet18 Sun 18-Dec-16 18:11:27

Not necessarily true,*mouse*. It can take up to 12 days after ovulation to implant then another few days before a positive shows up.
Not trying to give you false hope op but just simple facts!
I got my first bfp maybe around 18dpo, then my next bfp around 14 dpo and my current pregnancy showed positive at 10dpo. You're not out until you're out!

BertieBotts Sun 18-Dec-16 19:49:53

Wait as long as you can stand it before you test again. Don't try again today. See if you can hold out until Wednesday?

BumblingBee89 Mon 19-Dec-16 20:01:18

Thank you all for your replies! I'll admit, I did test again this morning with a first response. It was a BFN, as white as white can be. I'm glad I tested though, I think I needed to see it on a first response test.

Still no period, and no sign of it either.

I'm now on CD34 and, I think, 17dpo. But I could be wrong with my ovulation dates, I don't know for sure.

I will hold off testing till at least Wednesday, Thursday if I can! I would be over the moon to get a BFP, but I'm trying to get my hopes up!

BumblingBee89 Sat 24-Dec-16 10:14:29

Just to update slightly. I woke up this morning to some fairly significant brown discharge. So I am presuming AF is on her way (Merry Christmas to me fangry

I'm wondering if I should go and buy a nice bottle of wine for tonight, or if I should wait until I actually start my period to be certain. But I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm on CD39 - never ever had a cycle this long.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now