Talk

Advanced search

sore boobs in TWW but on clomid. Opinions please!

(13 Posts)
Pinkandwhite Thu 15-Dec-16 20:23:33

I took clomid from day 3-7 of my cycle. I'm now on day 23 so in the TWW and it's too early to take a test. My boobs are sore and I keep on getting sharp pains in them. Is this because I took clomid (this was my first round) or can I hold on to some hope I might be pregnant? I have read that clomid can give you symptoms like sore boobs so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. Also I know it's silly to get your hopes up anyway - it's very easy to imagine symptoms when you want it so much.

MmmMalbec Fri 16-Dec-16 20:59:07

Sore boobs are a result of progesterone so it really could go either way. Good luck!

Pinkandwhite Sat 17-Dec-16 01:27:30

Thanks Malbec. I really appreciate the response. x

MmmMalbec Sat 17-Dec-16 04:57:33

No problem. If it makes you feel any more optimistical, I just got my BFP on my first round of clomid!

Pinkandwhite Sun 18-Dec-16 21:33:27

Congratulations Malbec. That's really wonderful!

MmmMalbec Mon 19-Dec-16 05:56:48

Thank you. Just noticed my phone changed optimistic to optimistical blush

Anyway good luck!!!

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 07:10:52

I'm another pregnant clomid taker and sore boobs were a sign for me, although I ignored everything until 18dpo.
I've never had sore boobs as a side effect to the clomid but everyone is different.
Best of luck flowers
malbec congratulations

MmmMalbec Mon 19-Dec-16 07:46:06

Congratulations mistletoe! How far gone are you now?

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 07:56:54

Thanks malbec I had a scan last week which put my back a week which wasn't a surprise as clomid made me have lengthy cycles. So I'm 6 weeks today and back in for another scan later

MmmMalbec Mon 19-Dec-16 08:08:30

Oh good luck with your scan then! It was my first clomid cycle so I was being monitored and know I ovulated on cd16 or 17 so my first scan should be pretty accurate. They do it at 7 weeks at my clinic x

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 08:18:52

You did well to get BFP on your first cycle.

This was my 11th (I had 6 more months off licence).

I fell pregnant on cycle 5 and 7, one resulted in a chemical and one was a loss at 5 weeks hence why I'm being monitored very close now. I've been to the hospital for some test or another every 48 hours for the last week!

MmmMalbec Mon 19-Dec-16 10:27:17

Oh sorry to hear it's been a long road for you. I really hope everything works out this time for you. Is it your first?

I know I'm very lucky. I'm not really a typical clomid case though I don't think. But it's still very early days so time will tell!

mistletoeprickles Mon 19-Dec-16 10:54:38

I have a living child who was a spontaneous conception. Having already had a child I struggle with guilt because I know I can carry a pregnancy to full time (and over!).
It's got to be our time for some luck now. We've watched so many friends and family add to their family

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now