Talk

Advanced search

Why do I keep getting my period 1 week after ovulation?

(7 Posts)
EsmeraldaEllaBella Thu 15-Dec-16 18:56:23

This has happened 3 times now. Any ideas why? Wondering if my cycle is just all over the place as im still breastfeeding. Periods returned about 4 months ago. Anyone know what's going on?!

delilahbucket Thu 15-Dec-16 19:15:42

I understand it can be caused by a lack of progesterone. With such a short luteal phase you're unlikely to conceive. I'm sure there will be a connection to breast feeding, however I can't shed any more light on the matter.

MouseLove Thu 15-Dec-16 19:46:24

How are you confirming ovulation?

You may have a very short LP.

DontFundHate Fri 16-Dec-16 06:34:21

I'm doing ovulation tests.

Is there anything wrong with having a short lp???

This is TTC #2 , but with ds I had a very standard 28 day cycle and tww

DontFundHate Fri 16-Dec-16 06:35:37

Oops, nc fail!

MouseLove Fri 16-Dec-16 08:27:30

Ovulation tests are not a confirmation of ovulation. You need bloods, a temp rise or a positive pregnancy to confirm. You may not be ovulating as you think you are. I hope you are, but it's something worth considering.

Having a short LP means that you are more likely to miscarry any pregnancy as your body starts having a period before your body can implant the fertilised egg. It's VERY common in breastfeeding women. I would suggest that you either wait until you are not breastfeeding anymore to continue TTC or stop breastfeeding if TTC is more important. After a few cycles this may lengthen your LP.

Hope this helps.

Starsandcars9 Fri 16-Dec-16 08:28:53

Get your progesterone checked...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now