Talk

Advanced search

Why do I keep getting my period 1 week after ovulation?

(7 Posts)
EsmeraldaEllaBella Thu 15-Dec-16 18:56:23

This has happened 3 times now. Any ideas why? Wondering if my cycle is just all over the place as im still breastfeeding. Periods returned about 4 months ago. Anyone know what's going on?!

delilahbucket Thu 15-Dec-16 19:15:42

I understand it can be caused by a lack of progesterone. With such a short luteal phase you're unlikely to conceive. I'm sure there will be a connection to breast feeding, however I can't shed any more light on the matter.

MouseLove Thu 15-Dec-16 19:46:24

How are you confirming ovulation?

You may have a very short LP.

DontFundHate Fri 16-Dec-16 06:34:21

I'm doing ovulation tests.

Is there anything wrong with having a short lp???

This is TTC #2 , but with ds I had a very standard 28 day cycle and tww

DontFundHate Fri 16-Dec-16 06:35:37

Oops, nc fail!

MouseLove Fri 16-Dec-16 08:27:30

Ovulation tests are not a confirmation of ovulation. You need bloods, a temp rise or a positive pregnancy to confirm. You may not be ovulating as you think you are. I hope you are, but it's something worth considering.

Having a short LP means that you are more likely to miscarry any pregnancy as your body starts having a period before your body can implant the fertilised egg. It's VERY common in breastfeeding women. I would suggest that you either wait until you are not breastfeeding anymore to continue TTC or stop breastfeeding if TTC is more important. After a few cycles this may lengthen your LP.

Hope this helps.

Starsandcars9 Fri 16-Dec-16 08:28:53

Get your progesterone checked...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: