Talk

Advanced search

TTC number two after mirena removal

(9 Posts)
Stark210814 Wed 14-Dec-16 21:33:54

Hi!

So after a lovely pregnancy scare due to my coil strings going missing me and hubby decided to try for number 2. I'm currently on first day of af since removal on the 12/12/2016. I'm lucky I feel to have gotten back into the swing of things so soon. Just wondered if there are any other women who are ttc or have conceived after the mirena removal and your stories and advice etc!

mrsbarnettsbaby Wed 14-Dec-16 22:10:42

I'm ttc #4 after merina removal. No luck so far. Removal 25 July. Cycles have varied in length. 36, 67, 14 and 16 days so far. I'm 42 now so could really do with getting on with it!

Stark210814 Wed 14-Dec-16 22:25:16

I'm sorry to hear that! Have you been tracking your ovulation etc? I'm so confused as my first was a complete surprise so this is technically my first time at trying and I feel useless. Are you on any conception vitamins? I started taking the pregnecare conception vitamins as it's meant to help regulate everything? I hope you get your bfp soon!

mrsbarnettsbaby Thu 15-Dec-16 00:39:56

I'm taking Tesco own brand conception vitamins plus B6 and coenzyme10. I use ovia to track AF but I don't opk or bbt. Never did with my other pg. although they were 8,11 and 12 years ago. Things seem to have changed since then. So fed up. Thought I was going to get a bfp this cycle. My boobs are loads bigger. Obv just AF symptoms. I could cry.

Stark210814 Mon 19-Dec-16 21:27:47

Sorry for the late reply been busy decorating! Sorry to hear that I'm having a nightmare myself got twinges in my lower left back and blood stained stretchy cm. sad feel like af is coming again as I came off two days ago I think the coil is messing everything up,

Any news on your af?

Writerwannabe83 Tue 20-Dec-16 07:54:32

I've had a Mirena Coil twice and both times after removal I fell pregnant within 4 weeks. I had very regular cycle/periods whilst my Mirenas were in place though and I think that worked in my favour.

The best of luck TTC flowers

LisaSimpsonsbff Tue 20-Dec-16 08:01:33

I also had a Mirena, though I'm TTC a first baby. I had it out in late August and things have been quite regular since then: a really heavy bleed when I first had it out (which surprised me as I had no periods at all while on it) then two 31 day cycles and one 33 day. No success yet, though!

JC23 Tue 20-Dec-16 08:12:20

I conceived exactly a month after mine was removed. Hope it's quick for you too!

Stark210814 Tue 20-Dec-16 10:04:30

Hi thankyou for your replies. I was like clockwork when on the mirena and had my period two days after removal as it was due that day. It was admittedly the heaviest I've ever known it blush I'm glad to hear some of you were all very fast it's giving me hope that I'm not completely out! Wish you guys the best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now