Talk

Advanced search

1st time TTC... 10 DPO and symptom spotting!

(12 Posts)
ethelfleda Wed 14-Dec-16 10:07:05

Hi everyone!
So I am 10dpo today... AF due on Sunday and I have two Asda tests ready and waiting but the suspense is killing me!! Would it be possible to get a BFP this early?
Symptoms - very tired, vivid dreams, sore heavy and full chest, slight nausea and mild cramping from last Thursday which got stronger on Sunday and monday (but now seems to have calmed down)

I know you can get a BFP this early but it seems that a lot of squinting etc would be involved! Lol

walsh86 Wed 14-Dec-16 11:55:20

10dpo is v early, but not unheard of..
If you are prepared for BFN then go for it- but I always think, if I wait an extra 4-5 days its the difference of 2nd guessing and knowing for sure! if its a squinter- you will still doubt- so might as well wait- but I know how hard that is

ethelfleda Wed 14-Dec-16 18:58:21

So I POAS and it was a BFN.
Convinced I'm not pregnant because my boobs don't hurt as much as they have done. The witch is due on Sunday.

Denna81 Wed 14-Dec-16 20:54:16

I'm in much the same situation.

10dpo and AF due Sunday stupidly tested this morning and then again this afternoon with a different test. BFN both times and now feeling annoyed at myself and also really sad.

I've been crazy moody and exhausted but i've had a rubbish cold since O that I can't seem to shift and have spent most of the past week symptom spotting (making myself crazy).

My DH keeps saying, I guess we can't know for sure til after AF due but i'm already feeling disheartened.

Pyjamas81 Wed 14-Dec-16 21:42:10

I'm 10dpo today as well! Next to no symptoms other than weird stabbing ovulation type pains on right side. Trying not to read into it! I can test on Monday - but going to wait until Weds so DH can be around and to give AF a proper chance to show. The way I see it, I'll be pregnant/not pregnant whether I test or not, so may as well wait!

Fingers crossed for Christmas BFPs for us all!!

Stormcloud10 Wed 14-Dec-16 22:03:40

I'm due to test Monday, sometimes I feel positive sometimes not sad I have really sore boobs but I do before AF anyway and I'm always tired and hungry lol

ethelfleda Wed 14-Dec-16 22:33:55

I hear you all! One minute I think they're pregnancy signs and the next I'm explaining them... like my boobs always hurt after ovulation and I'm experiencingredients nausea at this very minute because maybe I ate something bad or I'm hungry. Wish I hadn't tested now. Baby dust to all of you and update me with your POAS outcomes x

Denna81 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:19:23

Update!

So after a negative test with FMU I spent the day feeling super moody and on and off pretty nauseated - came home and tested again having avoided the loo for 6 hours straight... and there was a line! Faint as anything and i'm trying not to get too excited having experienced a prior mmc but it's clearly there. I was starting to wonder if I was even ovulating at all and so I guess that answers that question! Baby dust to you all!

Alibaba2 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:21:14

Yay congrats!!

And good to know that moodiness doesn't always = AF!

Walikingdeadfan Thu 15-Dec-16 20:26:35

Congrats Denna!
Im 10dpo today and also hoping to hold out on testing until next Wednesday. But going a bit mad too. I think I had implementation bleeding this morning was a small amount and pink and brown but cant be sure. Have had a few mild cramps and sore boobs, but to be honest not much more than previous months when I got bfn.

Pyjamas81 Thu 15-Dec-16 20:59:37

Congratulations Denna! And has given me some hope as well - I'm mega moody and have had some cramping today. AF due on Monday and I'm a little disheartened- but am not out until she appears!

Denna81 Fri 16-Dec-16 19:26:17

Thanks for the well wishes. I generally get pretty rough PMS so it was actually one of my workmates telling me I looked pale that tipped the boat and made me test last night. Hold on to hope Pyjamas I was feeling super disheartened and was sure I was out until last night.

I'm really still trying to process and starting to feel quite anxious. Called my GP today who said I won't see the midwife till mid Jan which I didn't realise. Patience is not one of my virtues and 4 weeks seems a long way off. Also a lady in work had a fit today while I was helping her and I just about had a heart attack - She will be fine (I hope, the paramedics seemed to think she was doing okay) but I was pretty emotional afterwards and stressing that the stress would be bad for me (super constructive!)

Keep me posted how you all get on when it comes time to test, FX for us all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now