Talk

Advanced search

start of 2ww...AGAIN

(172 Posts)
harrypotternerd Sat 10-Dec-16 04:28:23

Tomorrow is the last day of my fertile window. 6th month ttc. Trying not to get my hopes up. Felt rather positive at the start of the week but now feeling quite negative. Testing on 22nd. Anyone else on the 2ww?

minime2016 Sat 10-Dec-16 08:41:06

Me. grinI'm ttc #1. This is our 4/5th cycle trying properly. I'm on cycle day 13, the Last day of FW according to Ovia but only got a strong positive on OPK last night. Due af on Christmas Day-so hoping for an extra special pressie this year.

harrypotternerd Sat 10-Dec-16 09:02:30

I use ovia too. It's DP birthday on new years eve so would love to tell him im pregnant then.

HellsBellsK Sat 10-Dec-16 09:05:09

Testing the 20th. Think I'm out of my FW not will take a opk later to see. Got a static smiley on CB on Thursday.
I don't feel hopeful for this cycle - I was sick during FW so didn't get a lot of DTD in.
Going to try and not symptom spot this month.... we will see how long I last!

harrypotternerd Sat 10-Dec-16 10:05:47

Hells I try not to symptom spot every month, then I do and promise myself I won't but I just cannot seem to help it!

ADuckNamedSplash Sat 10-Dec-16 10:07:03

Last day of FW for me too. AF due on the 24th, but aiming to test with a FRER on the 21st as I have a Christmas party that night.

lucylou1234 Sat 10-Dec-16 11:51:40

Anothery 2ww for me sad Cycle 15 so not getting my hopes up. On the clearblue trial so using the dual hormone ovulation sticks which i like. Would be great if we got a christmas day surprise but highly doubt it sad

harrypotternerd Sat 10-Dec-16 23:18:28

I know Lucy, would be good to get a christmas miracle but I am feeling rather negative plus I don't want to get my hopes up.

lilyborderterrier Sun 11-Dec-16 21:25:43

Me too 6month ttc #2, my cycle went haywire last month only 27 days instead of 31-33 ? Do we did the deed the 3 days before ovulation ( not on ov day due to my partner working lates) so I'm keeping things crossed,I'm trying to be more relaxed this month but I'm due af on 23 ( I think ? ) no symptoms at all.

lilyborderterrier Sun 11-Dec-16 21:29:31

Not going to test until at least the 29th !!

DisneyDaughter Mon 12-Dec-16 16:37:18

We're also TTC our first. This is only the first cycle we've tried properly and I'm not due AF until 25th either. Will also not be testing until the 29th (if AF is a no show, fingers crossed.) as DH & I will be spending Christmas apart and would like to test together. A BFP would be the perfect Christmas gift!
Good luck, ladies! smile

lilyborderterrier Tue 13-Dec-16 10:27:44

Hi so with us all trying but having a 2/3 week wait to see, what are you lovelies doing about all the Christmas fun and frolics ? I mean in terms of soft cheeses, and having a few drinks? I'm Not saying getting bladdered but trying to decide if I can / should have a few cheeky drinks ( beer not spirits) when I had my first baby I didn't know until a missed period and was on holiday so I must have had a few drinks ( I know I ate raw fish, but I didn't know and expected it to take ages to get pregnant ( it didn't then! )
Now we are actively trying I'm not sure what are you lovelies doing ? Xx

DisneyDaughter Tue 13-Dec-16 15:41:48

Hi, lily
I was just chatting with DH about this last night as I've been worried that I won't be able to come up with a good enough excuse to fool my friends and family over Christmas. It's no secret that I like to enjoy a few drinks when I visit my nearest and dearest as I only get to see them once every 3 to 4 months (they live in the North of England and DH & I in the South) and we love a few glasses of wine and a good catch up when we all get together. I just know that the second I refuse a boozy beverage they'll know something's up.

I wasn't planning on testing until the 29th when DH & I are home together after Christmas but he's just as excited as I am to find out whether it's a BFP or a BFN this month so have decided to test Christmas Eve instead. I'm still not entirely sure what excuse I'll give as to why I'm not drinking leading up to testing (and hopefully after). I know I probably could get away with a beer or two if I really wanted to but with this being our first time TTC, I'm trying to be on my very best behaviour! wink

walsh86 Tue 13-Dec-16 16:06:52

Af due 23rd for me- I really believe I o'd early this month (which means we dtd at the right time)- didn't use an opk so am constantly trying to 2nd guess when I can test- just a waiting game I suppose!
This is our first proper month trying as DH and I rarely dtd but I have been off the pill for months!
I'm the same as you Disney all my family and friends will know, I'm hoping that Jan is quiet anyway so I will do dry January and then try and hide from events- saying im skint anyway- might be "ill" new years eve!
over thinking before its even happened lol.

harrypotternerd Tue 13-Dec-16 20:36:11

I am trying to keep myself busy organising christmas and partners birthday so I don't drive myself crazy!!!! I am trying to not let my mind wander too much into the negativity although I was feeling positive yesterday but negative today. I am so sick of the up and down moods while TTC, I also don't want to get my hopes up.

lucylou1234 Tue 13-Dec-16 21:07:41

aw man seriously driving myself nuts sad am 7dpo and feel like my periods due on sad

BabyKangaroo90 Tue 13-Dec-16 21:52:15

AF due on the 23rd for me! I'm going to test on the 22nd as we go on holiday with my parents the next day!! Fingers crossed x

harrypotternerd Tue 13-Dec-16 22:27:03

Lucy I am the same every month, today I am going nuts and looking for symptoms of my period as well as early signs of pregnancy

lucylou1234 Tue 13-Dec-16 22:35:23

harrypotternerd it's so hard as when i look at myfertilityfriend chart it has the day to test which will be so hard not to do if i get as far as that but i find myself counting extra days to when i would like to test (if all goes well). My head saying AF will turn up but my heart is hoping otherwise. It's so exhausting sad
Even when i think i have a symtom (even though only 7dpo) a small part of me is hopeful and my brain is telling me off for being so stupid sad

Booboomoogooboo Tue 13-Dec-16 22:37:28

Af due on 24th for me. 14th cycle Ttc #2 and feeling rather down about it all. Am surrounded by pregnancies and babies and I am trying so hard to keep a smile on my face but it's getting more difficult as the months pass. I am struggling to stay positive.

lucylou1234 Tue 13-Dec-16 22:52:35

i'm the same boo It's so hard as your happy for everyone but you can feel your own heart break a little more everytime you hear of someones good news and the passing months and 2WW watch is like wathing pain dry sad

harrypotternerd Wed 14-Dec-16 00:04:45

my best friend has just had a baby and she posts photos of him on Facebook and he is adorable but it makes it harder

TurquoiseDress Wed 14-Dec-16 10:29:20

Me too OP!

For us we're on cycle 5, but rapidly heading towards the 6 month mark fsad

Have always fallen pregnant so quickly & unexpectedly previously, and I had a missed miscarriage in the summer so that is making it harder for me I think.

Currently CD28 my cycles have ranged from 27 to 31 days so am expecting a period any day now. Don't feel any different to normal, given up looking at Ovia for the last week or so.

Need to stop the daily Ovia email which reminds me to log all my "unusual symptoms" that might indicate pregnancy, I do not want to go down the road of symptom spotting!

Good luck to you all!

TurquoiseDress Wed 14-Dec-16 10:31:30

Yes and FB just makes me feel worse.

so many acquaintances (not close friends) seem to be having babies at the moment.

It's so hard seeing all those who were due around the same time as me- I remember back in the summer, I was going through the nightmare of miscarriage and seeing all these can pics & pregnancy announcements popping up at the same time. All felt very unfair!

TurquoiseDress Wed 14-Dec-16 10:31:53

*scan pics!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now