Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had/not had success with Pre-seed lube?

(22 Posts)
lolipop2405 Mon 05-Dec-16 19:59:51

Hello all, this will be my 3rd month TTC, and I have bought Pre- seed lube. I wondered if anyone had any experience with it at all, or any other TTC advice?

I have had the copper coil removed and think my periods have returned to normal so just hoping for some good luck this month!

Thank you

AngharadTheSplendid Tue 06-Dec-16 05:40:45

Used it both times, conceived first month both times! Could be a coincidence, but I will definitely be buying some more when we ttc no.3

MishyBakes Tue 06-Dec-16 08:31:23

We are on cycle 8, and have been using preseed lube since cycle 2. No hint of a bfp. TTC can take up to a year even for people with normal fertility. Of course, if there is a problem and it's not related to sperm motility then preseed won't help. Good luck 😁

ADuckNamedSplash Tue 06-Dec-16 18:46:23

Only on cycle 2 but we used Pre-seed last month and no luck. Will continue with it this cycle though.

Eastpregnant Tue 06-Dec-16 18:47:36

We used it and conceived quickly. No idea if the pre seed had anything to do with it though!

m33r Tue 06-Dec-16 21:05:42

We used it on months 17-20 and conceived on month 20. No idea if it was part of it xx

Monochromecat Tue 06-Dec-16 21:07:46

Switched from 2 years of trying with KY to pre-seed and bingo first month of using it grin ... Straight away the second time too..

lolipop2405 Tue 06-Dec-16 21:10:06

Thank you all for your replies!
Fingers crossed it works for us, and good luck to all of you who are still trying.
smile

Hamsolo Tue 06-Dec-16 21:13:12

I used it twice, fell pregnant twice but like everyone else says, it could just be a coincidence.

yellowpostitnote Tue 06-Dec-16 21:31:48

We conceived my son the first time we used it (I was charting and we did have sex every 2 days around the week I ovulated so could be these factors too!)

yellowpostitnote Tue 06-Dec-16 21:32:03

*our son!

Eastpregnant Wed 07-Dec-16 04:38:29

mono you're not meant to use KY when TTC! Did you really use it for two years?!

Monochromecat Wed 07-Dec-16 10:57:02

east well not one doctor told us not to, or asked us anything about what we were doing...

Monochromecat Wed 07-Dec-16 10:59:50

East - it's not really the sort of thing to mock someone about. (Just because I didn't want to spend crazed hours obsessed on how-to-get-pregnant forums where half of it is bullshit anyway)

Lelly0503 Wed 07-Dec-16 11:57:27

I used pre-seed and it didn't work for me 😔 I did read lots of positive stories online so got very excited and then I was a bit disappointed. Saying that, if you look it as more of an aid to conception it is very good when your doing lots of BD and need a bit of 'assistance' xx

LisaSimpsonsbff Wed 07-Dec-16 13:06:16

I've seen a lot of positive posts about pre-seed but I'm still confused - is it an active help or does it simply not hamper, as most other lubricants do? We don't usually use a lubricant and I seem to produce a reasonable amount of fertile cervical mucus - is preseed pointless in those circumstances?

yellowpostitnote Sun 11-Dec-16 20:20:57

What I read about it was that it actively helped as mimicked natural fertile mucous whereas normal lube slows sperm down.

yellowpostitnote Sun 11-Dec-16 20:21:33

At best it may help at worse do nothing? I'm not sure.

ADuckNamedSplash Wed 21-Dec-16 06:38:03

Only on cycle 2 but we used Pre-seed last month and no luck. Will continue with it this cycle though.

Well I just got my BFP, so I do now recommend Pre-seed! grin

At the risk of being TMI... last month when we were unsuccessful, we kind of inserted the applicator and then released it all at once. This month, we released the applicator slowly while pulling it out, so I assume it was spread out better and did the trick.

Hippychic79 Thu 22-Dec-16 12:09:06

thanks Duck - I've bought some for next cycle, so appreciate your advice regarding application smile
Congrats again ... FX it works for me too
xxxxx

ADuckNamedSplash Thu 22-Dec-16 13:15:11

You're very welcome, Hippy - good luck for next cycle!

Hippychic79 Thu 22-Dec-16 13:34:59

Thank you Duck xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now