Talk

Advanced search

4th cycle blues

(4 Posts)
Dixiechick1991 Tue 29-Nov-16 21:48:49

Hello everyone!
As the title suggests, I've got the fourth cycle blues. Kind of feel a bit down because everyone is getting pregnant around me.
Me & DH are 25, ideal weight, none smokers and generally fit and I think the thing that's getting to me most is that because we're newly weds - we are constantly asked when we'll be having children.
It really gets me down to play it off like oh well not right now because inside I'm desperate 😟

MouseLove Tue 29-Nov-16 22:39:30

Hey!! I've been married 8 years. We've been talking about children since we got married. TTC on and off for 3 years, but currently on cycle 3 serious TTC. Unfortunately the questions never really quit but you learn to deal with them a little better each time. Sometimes however it can be really pressurised. Please don't feel like you are taking a long time, cycle 4 isn't that long to be trying for and although this is a mental game, just keep positive and focus on the baby outcome. It will be worth this heartache. X

Dixiechick1991 Wed 30-Nov-16 07:04:55

mouse thank you. I know 4th cycle isn't a long time, but we got married early summer time and the questions have been going since then so it just seems like forever!
I always read threads on here of people who've been trying for 1-2+ years and think really how can I dare to complain or moan!
Fingers crossed for a smooth TTC journey x

Mammabear31 Wed 30-Nov-16 08:45:48

Hi Dixie. I'm currently at the end of cycle 10 - AF due tomorrow and getting stark white BFN's. Some months are better than others, and this month is a really bad one for me as we have to stop ttc for 2 months now for various reasons.

My first reaction to your post was to scoff, and thought "just you wait til you're on month 10 like I am" but it was unfair and thoughtless - I have been in your position and should know better. All I can say is just keep yourself and DH healthy, try to cut down on the booze (hard at this time of year, I know) and try to relax - again, hard I know! If I had a penny for every time someone told me to just relax and let it happen I would be a millionaire, and quite possibly a murderer!

I've been there, I'm still there and it's fucking shit. I hope things look up for you and your DH soon, and take comfort in the fact that you are most certainly not alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now