Talk

Advanced search

AMH Test

(8 Posts)
CrazyButterfly1 Tue 29-Nov-16 19:08:11

Hey lovelies,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this post. I've just turned 37 and Been ttc for the first time for the past 16 months and I am not having any luck at all. 😟

GP sent me for the day 21 and day 3 tests they came back okay that's what the she said.

I have since had the AMH blood test the result was 16.5. The GP again said it was okay and then mentioned she would refer me to the fertility clinic. I asked if it was due to these results but she advised that she has done as much as she can from her side and the fertility clinic will have to play its part provided I am suitable for it on the NHS?

I don't know why I am posting just feel scared and sad about this whole TTC. I never thought it would be so difficult.

Are my results something to worry about?

Xxx

blackcherries Tue 29-Nov-16 19:13:36

I have no idea I'm afraid as I'm still waiting to get my AMH and bloods. But TTC is really crap so you have my sympathy. You never expect it to take over your life for as long as it does!
GPs have also been crap in my experience, telling me stuff that's plain wrong and being dismissive. Luckily I am in the position where I can afford some private tests so just starting to do all of those to at least find out if there's anything else going on. Fertility clinic seemed a lot more clued and proactive. Knowledge is power (for some people!)

Alibaba2 Tue 29-Nov-16 19:47:33

Hi butterfly,

From my limited reading, that sounds fine to me.

What was your FSH? You can ask your GP for a printout of the results.

Have you had a scan to see the number of follicles? Perhaps the clinic will do this...

CrazyButterfly1 Tue 29-Nov-16 19:59:03

Hi

Thanks for your replies. This TTC sucks sad

Alibaba - My FSH Level - 8.4 IU/L (I think that's right that's what it says on the copy of the test I have)

CrazyButterfly1 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:00:07

And no scan. GP said she has done all
She can do and she will refer me to the fertility clinic.

Alibaba2 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:03:13

Your FSH is good.

I think the best place for thorough tests is the fertility clinic. Just chase them and make sure they have the referral and ask how long until you hear from them...

CrazyButterfly1 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:09:20

Alibaba thank you for the reassurance appreciate the response xx

The GP did say he will refer me and can take a couple of months for me to hear from the fertility unit.

Xx

MouseLove Tue 29-Nov-16 23:54:14

Under the NHS the referral system is usually 8 weeks maximum. You then book your appointment which could be up to a few months in the future. Mentally prepare yourself but it sounds really really good. They may refer you quicker due to your age. This is a great step for you. One step closer to the end goal. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now