Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding after dtd around a month after comin off pill?

(8 Posts)
Jellybabie3 Tue 29-Nov-16 07:13:09

All i am abit worried. I came off the mini pill 26th october. First period 17th november which lasted about 8 days. Dtd 4x over the weekend as my sex drive has gone through the roof. Last night during sex everything felt fine. No soreness or anything. But when i went to clean up in the bathroom after there was quite a bit of blood - maybe 1 or 2 spoonfull. Its never happened before in 14years with OH. Has anyone else experienced this? According to my app i should be going into my 'higher fertility' window today and potentially ovulating thursday. Has anyone else experienced the bleeding? Should i worry? Should we stop dtd for a bit?

MouseLove Tue 29-Nov-16 08:25:43

If you bleed more today then don't DTD tomorrow. If you're still bleeding tomorrow then it's AF. Unfortunately cycles can be weird and unpredictable when you come off the pill. Try not to worry I'm sure it's nothing and you'll be fine. But mentally prepare yourself. I wasn't. AF caught me off guard yesterday at CD24. Cycle 1 was 50 days long. confusedflowers

Jellybabie3 Tue 29-Nov-16 08:36:07

Ok. I have a doc appoint thurs for a different thing, do you think its worth bringing up? I 'feel' like i could be ovulating or atleast gearing up for it (mucus) so i dont want to really stop dtd tonight if no bleeding today?

MouseLove Tue 29-Nov-16 10:27:48

Yes I'd mention it. If you're still bleeding today then no I wouldn't DTD tonight. If it feels like you're ovulating then swimmers should be mature for the best chance. I don't want to dash your hopes but if you're still bleeding later I'd say it's AF.

Jellybabie3 Tue 29-Nov-16 11:23:48

Yes i agree. Im not bleeding at all anymore. There was a bit this morn but i think that was residual from last night. In which case i dont want to miss the opportunity if its ovulating time

delilahbucket Tue 29-Nov-16 13:47:15

You might not be ovulating and an app cannot tell you that you are, even more so when you've just come off the pill. It took over a year for my cycles to settle. Just because you think your cm matches ovulation doesn't mean it is happening. We get an oestrogen surge about a week after ovulation which can also make you produce ewcm. You can also get it right before af.

Jellybabie3 Tue 29-Nov-16 13:52:42

Ok maybe im just wishful thinking. Thanks

MouseLove Tue 29-Nov-16 19:35:59

If it's your first/second cycle off the pill you are most likely NOT going to ovulate - it's possible of course, but not a definite. I had several bouts of EWCM but I'm almost positive I didn't ovulate. The only really way is to temp your cycle and notice a significant temp rise after ovulation. OPK aren't even a sign of a positive ovulation, only an intention. Your health is much more important if you are hoping for a successful pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now