Another is this positive....

(93 Posts)
mamarach26 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:33:49

I have to admit I have been obsessing over ttc for 5 months. I've had 3 cp and been devastated. I've had sore boobs for 10 days and dizziness. My AF is due today, so I took a test. I'm not too sure if I'm seeing things.

SpunBodgeSquarepants Fri 25-Nov-16 10:39:49

Definitely positive! Congratulations!!!!

MrsG280516 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:41:40

If the second line appeared within the time limits then that's a positive, congratulations!

mamarach26 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:45:09

I'm not gonna get too excited, just in case it's another chemical pregnancy! Thank you for replying!

Amithenormalone Fri 25-Nov-16 10:46:27

Would definitely say positive

mamarach26 Fri 25-Nov-16 10:51:22

It appeared straight away, let's just hope this one sticks!

mamarach26 Fri 25-Nov-16 11:09:44

This is what it looks like now, I know people say 'once you've done one test, there is no need to do another' but I'm just wondering if I should do one every other day or so incase I have another chemical?

Squashberry Fri 25-Nov-16 11:12:15

I can definitely see two lines, the second photo is especially clear. Maybe take more tests in the next few days to see if they get stronger then contact doctor. Hope all goes well this time x

mamarach26 Fri 25-Nov-16 11:25:19

Thank you everyone! X

mamarach26 Sat 26-Nov-16 08:05:42

Don't know if anyone will see this, I did a test this morning and this happened. I don't want to get too excited but this is the first second pregnancy test I've had after having 3 chemicals. My DP doesn't want to test till next week now, but I wanna test every day! What do you all think?

Fluffsnuts Sat 26-Nov-16 08:59:08

They are very clearly positive. Congratulations.

AmyC86 Sat 26-Nov-16 09:13:22

Clear positive congratulations xx

LisaSimpsonsbff Sat 26-Nov-16 09:35:49

It's tricky and up to you but I think testing daily is going to drive you a bit mad - and there's the chance that one of the days dilute urine will mean you get a negative even though you are still pregnant, and that would be very distressing. On the other hand, I can see why you'd want to know from a negative test rather than bleeding starting if it is another CP. I think that's what you should weigh up - if it is a CP (which I very much hope it isn't!) how would you rather find out?

mamarach26 Sat 26-Nov-16 12:37:22

I really don't know! It's happened so many times, usually I get a positive then the day after I get the negative.... I would rather know that just start bleeding.

mamarach26 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:19:34

Yesterday's test on top and today's on the bottom, today's second line is a little lighter than yesterday's! Does it look okay to you?

LisaSimpsonsbff Sun 27-Nov-16 09:26:53

Ah, I didn't realise you meant 'keep taking tests to see if the lines are getting darker' - don't do this! My understanding is that very few women would see the line get consistently darker day by day; it depends too much on how dilute your urine is, what time of day you take it, etc. A lighter line doesn't mean that you're losing the pregnancy.

mamarach26 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:30:53

I always use FMU. I know I shouldn't test every day but with my last 3 chemicals I've tested and got a positive and the next day negative.

Sonnet18 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:35:14

If you can afford it then test as often as you want, if it'll put your mind at rest. Hormone levels double every 2-3 days so you wouldn't notice a difference each day. Maybe to save yourself some money test again midweek?

Gardencentregroupie Sun 27-Nov-16 09:41:08

That line is very dark already, it may be that it's not going to get any darker and any variations in shade may be due to variations in the amount of dye in the test strip.

mamarach26 Sun 27-Nov-16 09:52:52

I know what you're all saying. I'm gonna drive myself insane aren't I? I just don't wanna start bleeding again, nothing i can do about it though is there? I have one test left I'll do it mid week and just try and relax!

2ducks2ducklings Sun 27-Nov-16 16:06:11

I'm right in the middle of this constant testing nightmare!
Your tests look extremely positive OP, congratulations. I do however, understand exactly how you're feeling regarding testing everyday given your history.
I'm in a similar situation, a positive result the day before AF was due but with constant bleeding since the day I was due on. Sometimes fresh, red blood but mostly brown old stuff when I wipe. Since I'm so early on I can't be scanned until the 7th December. I'm on the edge of a breakdown during this wait. The only thing that is giving me the slightest (and I mean the tiniest) speck of comfort is to test every day. I want to go into that scan knowing if it's all over. I do not want to be blindsided if at all possible and would prefer to see the lines fade and eventually get negatives to giving myself false hope.
My husband is dead against this and thinks I'm torturing myself.
So I really understand and empathise with you OP and I have everything crossed for you that things go according to plan.

BagelDog Sun 27-Nov-16 16:09:46

Both the last two tests are nice strong positives. The tests are not an exact science so a bit of variation in the colour doesn't mean anything, as long as they are still clearly pink lines then try not to worry too much. How many weeks are you? Would getting a (private) early scan help to settle your worries once you get to six weeks or so?

mamarach26 Sun 27-Nov-16 17:32:51

It is torture, I'm on knicker watch every day at the minute so I feel your pain! I also want to be prepared for if I had another cp. I'm 5 weeks I think last AF was 22nd October!
Keep me updates 2ducks2ducklings!

2ducks2ducklings Sun 27-Nov-16 20:37:08

Will do, last AF for me was the 20th October (not including whatever the hell has been going on the last week).
I secretly bought another 4 sainsburys tests today, so I've got enough in stock to last until Friday now!
Knicker watching has turned into a full time job for me and I'm sure I've got some sort of friction burn down there because of all the time I spending wiping, just incase! It's really enough to send you into a nervous breakdown isn't it?!

mamarach26 Sun 27-Nov-16 20:46:28

Yes to all those things! I'm gonna get a pack of two clear blue tests the digital ones, so it's a clear pregnant or not pregnant. I don't even wanna tell my mum yet, I've told her the last two times then have to tell her I'm not.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now