44 just off the pill and 3 weeks late! Oh, and hi everyone :)

(8 Posts)
PollytheDolly Thu 24-Nov-16 20:57:54

Hi I'm new first post.
I'm 44 and have two adult children from my previous marriage. Didn't need contraception as my ex had the snip. We divorced and now with my fiancé. Was on depo for the first year then the combined pill which to say either didn't suit me was an understatement. After at least 20 uti's and psychotic tendancies we decided to go natural and I'm feeling my old happy self again. After all, at 40 my doc diagnosed the onset of perimenopause now at nearly 45, I'm using persona and fertility friend. I've never been a day late in my life nor missed a period. 2 days after my last depo injection ran out I had the withdrawal bleed so was expecting my period after the withdrawal bleed on my last pill pack but no, nothing! I have had four bfn's so thinking it's the menopause. Cool! (Really I mean that) and in 2 months I'm having a blood test to determine that. That is, as my doc said "if you're not pregnant" and tonkeep testing every week. I have been monitoring my temp and symptoms and i thought all ok. Could I be wrong? Anyone else had similar?

And hello to you all grin

MrsG280516 Thu 24-Nov-16 21:03:21

When coming off the combined pill, many people have had really long cycles without any bleed, anything up to 10 weeks whilst your body gets back into its natural rhythm. It's frustrating but you'll just have to wait it out.

MouseLove Thu 24-Nov-16 21:16:45

50 day cycle here for coming off the pill. It was the longest weirdest cycle ever. BUT I only tested once at CD36.

Hi!! Lol. I would suggest that you just wait it out, see what happens and of course let us see your temp chart so we can ooooo and ahhhhh over it. winkgrin

PollytheDolly Fri 25-Nov-16 08:02:04

Ah that's good, thanks! I'm probably having a long one then. I'm confusing the FF app but still putting in my details just so I can get to know myself better. It's quite fascinating. Here is my chart. My temp moves around like a fiddlers elbow lol

MouseLove Fri 25-Nov-16 15:43:10

Your chart doesn't look like a preggo one unfortunately but one that's on bc or coming off bc. I don't even think you ovulated - it's very hard to tell. The pattern is all wrong. You have very extreme highs and lows which Is a bit weird. Have you had a look at menopausal charts? I'm not sure if yours would even match a chart for that either. confused

PollytheDolly Fri 25-Nov-16 16:02:59

Hi there! Thanks, I am hoping it's not a preggo one lol so that's good. Where's the best place to compare menopausal ones because I don't think I've ovulated either and this could be the norm from now.

MouseLove Fri 25-Nov-16 18:37:35

I'm not sure myself. Maybe a quick google? Good luck!!!

PollytheDolly Mon 28-Nov-16 05:32:42

Well last night AF arrived! Yay! No sign beforehand so a bit surprised. So back on track with my normal periods now I guess. I'm seeing this as an end to how hormonal contraceptives almost ruined my life. Long story but may start a new thread on that. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now