Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding on cycle day 10

(37 Posts)
Eminybob Wed 23-Nov-16 18:49:53

I'm so confused and have never had this before.

I'm on cycle day 10 and have just had some blood when wiping. It's bright red, definitely not old blood. My period typically lasts only 4 days and has been gone for a good 5/6 days so I'm sure it's not a remnant from that.
What else could it be?

We are ttc and have only so far had sex on Monday, cd8, and I took a opk yesterday which was negative. My cycle is typically 25 days long.
I have never ever ever before had bleeding mid cycle. I don't know if I should be concerned?

Eminybob Wed 23-Nov-16 19:10:02

i was thinking ovulation bleeding but just had another negative opk. confused

KLG3101 Wed 23-Nov-16 19:24:56

Hi there
I've had exactly the same this month! I have a cervical ectropian so think it's linked but not 100% sure! I've had it since falling pregnant with DC1 and only this month had bleeding with it.

Eminybob Wed 23-Nov-16 19:56:31

Oh I've not heard of cervical ectropian. I've just had a quick google though and am still none the wiser!
I've had a smear since having dc1 (who is now 2) so I assume if there was anything wrong with my cervix it would have been picked up.
My cycles do appear to be shorter since having him though. Don't know if that's linked at all.

Eminybob Wed 23-Nov-16 20:37:37

Bump

MouseLove Thu 24-Nov-16 00:32:48

Go see your doctor. That's not normal Hun. X

Eminybob Thu 24-Nov-16 08:28:00

Do you think? It's stopped now, it was just one time when I went to the loo.

MouseLove Thu 24-Nov-16 08:30:08

If it was a lot then best at least get checked. If it was little amount then see if it happens again. Did you have any tummy ache with it?

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Thu 24-Nov-16 08:32:58

Could there have been a slight abrasion from sex the other night?

Is the any possibility you wiped your bum not just your vagina and it's from your back passage?

What sort of volume of blood are you talking about?

Eminybob Thu 24-Nov-16 08:41:26

It was definitely from my vagina, or was like period blood, and soaked a fair amount of the tissue when I wiped, but just the once. I have had a tiny bit of brownish tinged cm last night and this morning. I have very slight cramping today too.
I'm sure it wasn't abrasion from sex, it was a very tame quicky!

Eminybob Thu 24-Nov-16 08:41:52

Sorry that should say it was like period blood

willitbe Thu 24-Nov-16 09:03:33

Definitely go to the doctor about any mid-cycle bleeding. Just to be safe.

Eminybob Thu 24-Nov-16 09:15:32

Oh bugger. I hate going to the docs. 2 week wait unless it's an "emergency" which I wouldn't have thought this would be classed as.

I am a little bit concerned about how long it is taking us to conceive. We are trying for no 2 and I'm not getting any younger so I was planning to make an appointment in the next couple of months if nothing happens. But I guess if this could signify a problem with my fertility I had better go sooner.

willitbe Thu 24-Nov-16 09:32:41

I certainly would recommend getting an appointment in 2 weeks, that way if something is wrong it can hopefully be sorted earlier. As you are also ttc, it might help in checking out that everything is ok as a bonus. Don't panic, it could be something simple.

Eminybob Thu 24-Nov-16 16:56:25

Thanks I will do. It's completely stopped now though confused
Just a quick question, a faint line on an opk is negative right?

willitbe Thu 24-Nov-16 17:51:00

A faint line on an opk is a negative yes. Glad the bleeding has stopped, I hope that the doctors are able to help check things for you soon.

Eminybob Fri 25-Nov-16 18:33:50

Next appointment is 9th Dec angry

Booked that, but had another bleed today sad

Just would love to know what is going on

Eminybob Sat 26-Nov-16 08:10:09

No idea if anyone is still reading this but if anyone is, please help.

I've just taken a hpt, just on the off chance, and it's only bloody positive!

I just don't understand, it can't be from this cycle as we only had sex for the first time on Monday, so waaay too early to get a bfp (faint but definitely there on a superdrug early response)

But I've had a period just like normal on the day it was due at the end of my last cycle. It was just as heavy as normal, but I did notice it wasn't as painful as usual. And then these 2 days of spotting this week.

I don't want to get my hopes up in case I'm miscarrying, but I can't get into docs until 9th, unless I get an emergency appointment on Monday.

Oh and I drank a load of wine when I thought I wasn't pregnant sad

Please any advice appreciated I'm panicking like fuck now.

everythingtoplayfor Sat 26-Nov-16 08:19:53

You can definitely get an emergency appointment for this, go straight in. Your hospital should also have an early pregnancy unit you can call them and go straight in too. It's not unusual to have bleeding at that stage and still be pregnant but get it checked out ASAP.

Eminybob Sat 26-Nov-16 08:21:52

Should I call out of hours today do you think?
Also I think I need to go and get one of those tests that tells you how many weeks pregnant you are?

Thank you for replying by the way

Eminybob Sat 26-Nov-16 09:30:09

Called 111 and they advised going in. I'm just waiting to hear back about an appointment.
This is not how I imagined finding out I am pregnant would be like sad

VivienneWestwoodsKnickers Sat 26-Nov-16 09:35:53

I sincerely hope this all goes well for you. No advice, just hand holding. flowers

Eminybob Sat 26-Nov-16 10:36:02

Thank you. I've had a call from ooh they have referred me to epu so I'm just waiting for a call to say when I can go in for a scan.

Eminybob Sat 26-Nov-16 11:45:46

Scan not until Monday sad

everythingtoplayfor Sat 26-Nov-16 11:48:25

All the best Eminy. Try to relax and not to worry; what will be will be and chances are that it will all be fine xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now