Talk

Advanced search

Sat in tears, feel like an idiot.

(12 Posts)
minime88 Sat 19-Nov-16 16:43:01

Been trying to conceive DC2 for a year now.

My period is due on the 23rd and today I've had some brown discharge- I never get this before a period.

This stupidly got my hopes up and I bought a clear blue test (the ones with the blue crosses), I took a test just now and it's negative.

Feel so upset and getting fed up with it all now.

Xxx

ChocolateForAll Sat 19-Nov-16 16:49:43

Four days is early to test. Brown spotting isn't full flow AF so all is not lost. flowers

blackcherries Sat 19-Nov-16 16:51:00

I feel you. But if it's 4 days until you're due then iirc they are unlikely to be that accurate and you should test in a few days.... gl!

minime88 Sat 19-Nov-16 17:05:16

Not even a squinter and I can see on here people get squinters as early as 9dpo.

Must just be my period spotting. Never had that before, my body is so cruel sometimes!

ChocolateForAll Sat 19-Nov-16 22:23:16

Everyone's hormone levels are different. My first two pregnancies didn't show anything until 12/13dpo.

I struggled to conceive DS and DD then fell completely by accident with no signs or symptoms with third baby. We did it once that month, literally. I have chronic pcos, had 60/70 day cycles and thought I couldn't get PG without clomid/charts/bbt/ppl/pre-seed... you name it. Tried everything and then had total shock unplanned pregnancy without trying.

What I'm saying is that it will happen for you. This cycle is not a bust yet. Have you tried Angus castus?

ChocolateForAll Sat 19-Nov-16 22:24:07

Agnus castus not Angus!

delilahbucket Sat 19-Nov-16 23:15:11

I spotted brown for four days last cycle and then af got me a day early. My boobs were the most sore they have ever been as well. Felt like such an idiot for getting my hopes up.

JollyHockeyGits Sun 20-Nov-16 00:19:01

Please don't feel like an idiot. This conceiving thing is so tough emotionally. Don't want to get your hopes up but I really wouldn't expect a clear blue to show anything at 4 days before you're due AF - they're crap. Try and wait a few days (I know, so difficult to do, I'm crap at it) but try a superdrug one instead, I found they showed early.

I agree with Chocolate though, even if this isn't your month, next month may very well be.

Candlestickchick Sun 20-Nov-16 00:26:46

flowers Got everything crossed next month is your month

MouseLove Mon 21-Nov-16 15:17:11

Test using a FRER using FMU for the most sensitive of results. I'm not sure the clear blue ones are good enough to detect. X

blackcherries Wed 23-Nov-16 08:33:22

any news, op?

Fluffsnuts Wed 23-Nov-16 10:02:23

I had implantation bleeding - brown sludge, but didn't get a squinter until the day af was due, which was 4 days after ib.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now