Body saying one thing test another

(5 Posts)
maybethistimeperhaps Fri 18-Nov-16 09:45:44

Morning all,

So we were actively ttc for a year. Then before the summer stopped tracking, stopped trying but not using any contraception still.

Period is kind of a day late (not regulars to the day, between. 23-28 days) today is day 26.

I've felt so sick for last few days. Am so very bloated. Smells are hideous. I am totally exhausted. So yes all classic signs. Tested yesterday with a cheapy and nope.

Have had this before of body trying to say one thing then period arrives late.

But then there is that teeny bit of hope...

What if.

Will test again tomorrow if no period today.

delilahbucket Fri 18-Nov-16 12:54:03

It's your body telling you it is producing progesterone, symptoms of which are identical to pregnancy. So sorry, but your body isn't necessarily telling you you're pregnant. That's not to mean you aren't. If you dtd around ovulation then you could be.

SnookieSnooks Fri 18-Nov-16 12:59:09

You've probably jumped the gun a bit. However, if it's any consolation.... with my DC2 I knew I was pregnant when i cooked some fish and couldn't stand the smell. The test was however negative. I repeated the test about a week later and that was positive.

Good Luck, though. I hope you get good news.

maybethistimeperhaps Fri 18-Nov-16 13:01:11

Thanks both. Oh yes I'm not expecting to get a positive. It was more just comment about how how frustrating it is to feel like this (again) and have little chance of it turning out how you want.

delilahbucket Fri 18-Nov-16 22:58:13

I can sympathise. Af got me a day early today. That's the beginning of cycle 22 for us sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now