Talk

Advanced search

TTC 9 Months irregular periods

(6 Posts)
cmxx Thu 17-Nov-16 20:50:05

Hey everybody, I've just joined here as I feel I really need someone to talk to who may be going through the same or similar things as I am.

SO and I have been TTC 9 months.+ I was always irregular before birth control and coming off the pill it was irregular for a couple of months and then for a little while it seemed as though my cycles were becoming more regular, usually between 21-25 days. I was so excited lol. However my last cycle was 65 days long. On day 40 I started spotting, which lasted 14 days (there may have been the odd day in the middle where there was no spotting.) It was very minimal maybe only once or twice a day I'd notice it. Anyway at this point I thought I'd go to the GP and I was referred for blood tests. I (finally) started a proper period which was great as bloods needed to be taken CD 2-4 and I had them done CD3. Yesterday I had the results and apparently everything is fine, no abnormalities or further action needed. Now however my period has been going on 10 days with no sign of stopping, and its so heavy! Even when I was irregular I always had short 3-4 day light periods that were over and done with and never causing me any bother. This one is not just long but it's literally saturating pads (sorry for tmi) and possibly small clots too, I've never seen so much blood! Sorry for blabbing on I'm just a bit confused. I'm glad my results were okay but I kind of want there to be something that I can do about this rather than just be told its normal! We haven't really been able to ttc properly since August when I had my last proper cycle and I'm getting so frustrated!
I'd love some input if anyone has any advice

cmxx Fri 18-Nov-16 23:38:08

Anyone please? This is ongoing and I don't know what else do to. I can't get another appointment at my GP until mid December sad

MouseLove Sat 19-Nov-16 07:53:31

Sending hugs. I'm sorry you're having a bad time of it. That's certainly not normal so get back to the docs. The extra days & heaviness might be because you had such a long cycle but I'm not sure. Pop onto one of the conception threads and I'm sure there will be lots of ladies who can offer some advice. X

LauraK1987 Sat 19-Nov-16 15:28:12

Hi,

I haven't personally been through this but a very close friend of mine tried with her partner for 6cycles and she also had very irregular periods after coming off the implant, sometimes 40+ days and she could never ever pinpoint when she was due on. Her and her partner are both very young and healthy so she was concerned as to why her periods were so irregular and long. Anyway long story short (ish) she booked in with her dr who referred her for blood tests and also a scan, a couple of weeks later she found out she was pregnant! Don't lose hope!!!! Xx

MrsG280516 Sat 19-Nov-16 15:53:09

Did you do any pregnancy tests at all during your long cycle? I imagine you probably did but such a heavy period sounds to me like it could have been a chemical pregnancy or a very early missed miscarriage. Although it would be strange if the blood tests didn't pick that up. I hope things get back to normal for you soon.

cmxx Mon 21-Nov-16 00:01:02

Hi everybody thank you for your replies. This bleeding is still ongoing which makes it two weeks tomorrow. It's still scarily heavy with no sign of stopping so think I definitely go back to GP, though it's a nightmare getting appointments there.

@MrsG280516 apart from when I first missed my period I took a couple of tests which were negative but over the last 30ish days I hadn't so I attempted another after reading your comment. This was negative too. I'd also considered chemical pregnancy but I guess both the bloods and the test would pick that up. Thanks anyway! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now