Talk

Advanced search

Help - Changes to CM/discharge

(4 Posts)
Twistedsister7 Thu 17-Nov-16 14:38:53

Hi. Just after some opinions really because I don't want to start poas so early & getting my hopes up.

I had the Nexplanon implant until recently. It was due to expire in February but removed early as ttc. This is first cycle imo.

AF due approx 21/11 but only started using tracking more recently. For 2 years of implant no period but been bleeding regularly in last year so assumed period although lighter than historical pre-implant periods.

DH & I dtd twice just after what Ovia predicted as my fertile week & just after implant removal.

My question is that I am now experiencing more cramping than usual & passed jelly like discharge, with a pink/brown tinge. Is this just my body adjusting to the implant removal or could it be worth testing for a BFP.

I just think I couldn't be so lucky to get BPF so quick with other health issues. I know fertility resumes as soon as implant is gone but sheesh.

Sorry for rambling, please be kind. grin

MrsG280516 Thu 17-Nov-16 16:35:00

If you don't get AF within 4 weeks or so of coming off the implant then I would test, but it isn't worth testing until then.

Ovia will only "predict" your fertility based on the average cycle. Until you get a proper AF and you know how long your cycles are then it probably won't be accurate. Unless you start using OPKs to pinpoint ovulation then I would just aim to DTD as much as possible and then you've got the best chance.

MrsG280516 Thu 17-Nov-16 16:43:31

Oh and about the discharge - I had something similar about 3 weeks after coming off the pill, its likely to be mucus that your cervix formed whilst on the implant from the hormones, its what helps to keep sperm from reaching the egg. So once those hormones leave your body then the mucus comes away. Gross but its a good thing!

Twistedsister7 Thu 17-Nov-16 16:50:10

Thanks for replying. It's what I was thinking but it turns out I know less than I thought I did. I will resist any urge to pee on stick until after AF & perhaps pounce on DH in the meantime. Lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now