Talk

Advanced search

How to ovulate earlier

(7 Posts)
user1471874092 Thu 17-Nov-16 11:40:38

I usually have a 33 day cycle and ovulate around day 17 to day 21

I think it would be good if I could ovulate 2-3 days earlier, so egg is better quality/less mature

Is there anything I can do to make myself ovulate earlier?

I read taking these B6 and Agnus Castus might help...

Would love any advice!

Writerwannabe83 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:24:34

Why does earlier ovulation make the egg better quality?

gamerchick Thu 17-Nov-16 12:34:22

But surely the eggs pops when it's ready? confused it's not like it clings on screaming 'nooooo I'm not ready to leave home yet.

I have no idea how to change a cycle, maybe your gp might have some ideas?

MrsG280516 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:41:10

Day 17 to 21 is a perfectly acceptable time to ovulate when you have a 33 day cycle, I'm not sure what the problem is? An egg needs to be mature to actually leave the follicle, so you won't get better quality/less mature eggs even if you did ovulate earlier.

user1471874092 Thu 17-Nov-16 12:58:54

I've had 2 chemical miscarriages and I've read that if you ovulate late it means the egg quality might be too old and this increases your chance of miscarriage...

MrsG280516 Thu 17-Nov-16 13:11:40

I'm sorry you had to go through that flowers but I don't think that's particularly true, lots of people who ovulate later (even those with shorter than 14 day luteal phases) have still fallen pregnant. Chemical pregnancies happen for all sorts of reasons so you can't really pin it on egg quality/maturity. However if you want to look into it, a few people on here recommend "It starts with the egg" which is a book that has information on supplements to take to improve egg quality.

CordeliaFitzgerald Thu 17-Nov-16 13:39:42

Acupuncture helped me. I used to ovulate usually around day 19 but on cycles where Ive had acupuncture in the first half, I'd ovulate around day 15/16. Could just be total coincidence of course, but I like the acupuncture anyway!
Also second the recommendation for "It Starts with an Egg" - really interesting book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now