Talk

Advanced search

Dr advise not to Use opk or bbt

(16 Posts)
Tinks100887 Mon 14-Nov-16 14:41:07

Well I'm ever so stressed my dr has banned me from opk's and bbt. How will I even know I'm ovulating ;(

sarahboro1 Mon 14-Nov-16 14:42:08

Why????

Tinks100887 Mon 14-Nov-16 14:47:38

I've come on af five days early. She said its cos I'm stressing. But we've been trying 6 months now and nothing. I cramp throughout the month and constantly feel ill. All my bloods come back normal and I haven't got pcos. But I still worry my Fallopian tubes are blocked for some reason. Partners sperm is fine x

MrsG280516 Mon 14-Nov-16 14:48:53

Recording things like BBT and using OPKs can stress some people out, just relax instead and try to DTD every other day then you're covered.

Personally it doesn't make me stressed, it actually does the opposite when I have a positive OPK it is reassuring. I'd be more stressed by not using them.

sarahboro1 Mon 14-Nov-16 15:01:19

I'm same as MrsG! Using opk has helped me this month to feel reassured that I am ovulating and when it's coming.

I'm on month 8 ttc Tinks so please don't get stressed, try to enjoy your OH and it will happen for all of us!!

Although how you dtd every other day MrsG is beyond me I'm shattered this weekend!!! 😂 Xx

NerrSnerr Mon 14-Nov-16 15:11:17

Can you have sex every other day instead? May take away some of the stress of trying to conceive.

Oysterbabe Mon 14-Nov-16 16:01:52

If you're driving yourself nuts with it then it's probably good advice. Just try and have regular sex throughout the month.

Tinks100887 Mon 14-Nov-16 18:02:39

Haha nerrsnerr your comment made me laugh. We have been dtd everyday, tmi but we both have a high sex drive with each other, and the doctor did advise to try do it 3-4 times a week instead and I still will be covered.
I enjoy taking the opk's too as I like to know I'm ovulating so think I'll disregard her advise and carry on what I'm doing, the only thing I am going to stop with is searching Google and symptom spotting, I'm a nightmare for it.

I know Sarah, and I hope you get your sticky bean soon. Did you become more relaxed after the months of trying ? Xx

Tinks100887 Mon 14-Nov-16 18:03:10

I'm also over my mini mental breakdown which I had earlier and feeling optimistic x

sarahboro1 Mon 14-Nov-16 20:40:35

Don't worry we all have mini meltdowns!!! I think I am more relaxed about it now, at the start I guess I just presumed it would happen straight away then when it didn't I got quite worked up, had my bloods done last month so now just back to it!!! I've definitely become less expectant as time has passed, self preservation really. Xx

Tinks100887 Tue 15-Nov-16 08:18:02

All my bloods came back fine too Sarah. Can I ask a question please, when you're on af how long does it last ? Mine a really short, obviously I'm spotting the day before then I only have 1 day where I have to change my tamoon twice. Then I dry up again. Sorry tmi just doesn't seem healthy to me xx

GoofyTheHero Tue 15-Nov-16 08:19:41

My periods have always been like that OP, and I have 2 DD's!

Tinks100887 Tue 15-Nov-16 08:23:53

That's good to hear goofyThehero. I'm not complaining like lol still have the cramps but no flow.

X

sarahboro1 Tue 15-Nov-16 15:19:10

I always had very heavy / painful periods which is why I went on the pill for 12 years to get rid of them!!! Since coming off the pill they have been far lighter and shorter, my last one for example was 3 days very light but they're all different!! Have you told your doc about yours? Xx

Tinks100887 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:55:18

Yes she's not been very good tbh just told me to stop worrying. But easier said than done lol they usually are three days, xx

sarahboro1 Tue 15-Nov-16 22:22:54

Oh doesn't really help having a doctor tell you that!! Can you see a different one? Has your OH had a sperm count yet? Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now