Recurrent miscarriage, now secondary infertility?

(6 Posts)
Whooptydoo1 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:08:29

Hi everyone, I'm not sure I'm in the right place, apologies if I'm not. I am lucky enough to have two beautiful children who were conceived with relative ease, the youngest is 3. Over the last 2 years I have had 4 early miscarriages (between 6 & 10 weeks). I went to Coventry for a uNK cell test and they found nothing wrong however recommended that I take progesterone pessaries, we've now been trying to conceive again for 6 months and nothing. What concerns me is that I've been using ovulation tests and I don't appear to be ovulating, please tell me it's unlikely having been pregnant 6 times in the last 7 years that I'm suddenly infertile?! Could it be the progesterone? Apologies again as I know many of you have probably been trying for longer, and don't have children already, I'm extremely grateful for them, and was just hoping for some advice, Thanku

Helspopje Sun 13-Nov-16 18:14:09

Thoughts: have you had an amh done? Have you been screened for antiphospholipid syndrome?

Whooptydoo1 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:18:31

Thanku for your reply, no I haven't, I'll ask about this, presumably this is something I'd need to have done privately? I don't have anti phospholipid syndrome, I have lupus and so have been tested in relation to this, they've tried me on clexane injections and aspirin tho nonetheless and it didn't help

fuzzywuzzy Sun 13-Nov-16 18:18:51

Did they tell you to take progesterone before you ovulate?

I've had recurrent early miscarriages I was put on progesterone at six weeks pregnant this time.

I wasn't put on anything before that although I was prescribed higher strength folic acid.

Whooptydoo1 Sun 13-Nov-16 18:20:23

They told me to take it from day 21-28 (so after ovulation) and then stop unless I'm pregnant then carry on until 12 weeks

fuzzywuzzy Sun 13-Nov-16 19:00:23

OK so that shouldn't be stopping you ovulating.

Are you temping or using opks? Start temping/ppl earlier than you have this cycle maybe you missed ovulation.

My cycles went crazy after my last MMC and I ovulated a lot earlier than I was expecting, luckily I am addicted to peeing on sticks & caught ov.

I would speak to your consultant tho see if they can do tests to determine if your ov'ing.

Miscarriages really mess with your body. Hope things get sorted out for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now