Talk

Advanced search

OPK First Timer

(12 Posts)
MummyOf1Boy Thu 10-Nov-16 19:31:36

So my OPK was delivered today and I am due to ovulate from Saturday according to Ovia. I have just taken my first ever ovulation test tonight, would it be classed as a positive?? Picture attached

sarahboro1 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:47:00

That looks really dark actually!! I'm certainly no expert, I'm only on my 3rd opk test today but all of mine have been virtually none existent so far!! But I would definitely be on high alert with that one!! Fx for you!! X

MummyOf1Boy Thu 10-Nov-16 20:52:10

Does that mean I'm at my peak ovulation time?
As its the first day Ive used OPK I'm now concerned i could have ovulated a couple of days ago and missed my window. Is that possible? Or will i only get a positive when its my fertile window?
Me & OH DTD lastnight aswell and will be DTD again tonight but just curious if this could be the end of ovulation xx

MrsG280516 Thu 10-Nov-16 20:58:44

That is a positive OPK. When you get a line that is as dark as or darker than the control line, you can expect to ovulate within 12-48 hours. If you had already ovulated you wouldn't get a line that dark, it would be very faint. Ovia and other apps that predict your fertile window are just based on average cycles which some people don't have.

MummyOf1Boy Thu 10-Nov-16 21:02:02

So I haven't missed my fertile window?
Conceiving is so confusing and frustrating isn't it!!
I also wasn't expecting to find it this hard to read a OPK lol thank you xx

sarahboro1 Thu 10-Nov-16 21:09:17

No you haven't missed it!! This means it is on its way in the next 48hrs!! Fx! X

MummyOf1Boy Thu 10-Nov-16 21:15:46

Thank you, i feel better knowing its 'that' time of the month!!
Hoping that a BFP will show in the next few months now that I am tracking my ovulation properly xx

sarahboro1 Thu 10-Nov-16 21:24:25

👍🏻

janiPop Thu 10-Nov-16 23:26:05

Hi, you haven't missed ovulation. The link is as dark as the control line so that means ovulation is imminent. If you had already ovulated you would not have a line that dark. Best of luck

MummyOf1Boy Fri 11-Nov-16 19:25:01

My 2 OPK i have done today are negative so I think i have caught ovulation at the exact time and i DTD the last 2 night so fingers crossed i have a BFP at the end of this dreaded 2WW XX

sarahboro1 Fri 11-Nov-16 21:18:27

Sounds like you caught it just right then, good luck!!! I've had a strong line on mine today but not darker than the control line and my stomach is killing me tonight so I think mine is on it's way too!!! X

MummyOf1Boy Sat 12-Nov-16 09:23:55

Looks like we will be in the tww together xx good luck xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now