Talk

Advanced search

Clomid side effects

(7 Posts)
Tinks100887 Wed 09-Nov-16 15:14:59

Hi

I would love to know what side effects you had on clomid.

If you had extra cm and vaginal discharge or none at all ?

Breast changes ?

Cramps ?

Anything ! And when did they start after taking the 1st pill and when did they stop etc

SuperUnicorn Wed 09-Nov-16 15:28:17

I had more cm than usual, which I wasn't expecting as everyone tells you it dries it up.

I was hot at night for the first few rounds, after that I either didn't notice or it didn't make me as warm.

I also had more extreme moods. I'm afraid I don't remember when in my cycle all these things happened.

It also made me put on weight, nearly 5kg, which wasn't ideal as I was already at the top end of weight for my height.

The only other observation I made while on clomid was I did clearly feel ovulation each time and I was tender in that area.

Are you starting on clomid?

FleurThomas Wed 09-Nov-16 15:45:36

What time of day do you guys take it? I'll have to start it next cycle with Metformin & not sure if I should do it at night in case I get the serious side effects!

Tinks100887 Wed 09-Nov-16 16:02:18

I haven't had the headaches or hot flushes luckily.

But like you a defiantly noticed ovulation pain!! Ouch !! That was confirmed with an +opk

Fleur Thomas
I started my diet cycle in October cd2-cd6
I ovulated 10days later.

Since ovulation I've had very sore nipples, increased cm and vaginal discharge sorry tmi.
Yesterday very crampy and thirsty, more tired but not due on for another 8 days. Waiting to speak to my doctor to see if these are a side effect so I will let you know.

I'm also on 50mg I've heard it's Better to take it at night as the side effects if you do get them will be when you're sleeping.
X

Tinks100887 Wed 09-Nov-16 16:03:16

No idea why it's wrote diet lol I mean my first cycle

YouBoggleMyMind Wed 09-Nov-16 19:28:55

Hot sweats at night for me. That's about it.
Metformin takes awhile to build up in your system so it may not make a difference straight away. It didn't for me.

Good luck x

babyhamish Wed 09-Nov-16 19:49:34

I was very irritable one min then really upset the next when taking Clomid and I found it made me feel very anxious because of the mood swings. Not nice. It also made me feel very dizzy and sick. 1st month I took it in morning as I was so worried I would forget but because of the light headedness and feeling sick the second month I took it before bed so I wouldn't get the side effects so bad! Fell pregnant the 2nd month! Don't know wether taking it at night made the difference or not but turns out when talking to a friend she took Clomid last year to get her little boy. She took it for 2 month in morning then 3rd month at night and fell pregnant on the 3rd month! Good luck hope it works for you Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now