Talk

Advanced search

Implantation bleeding?

(19 Posts)
Sewingbeatshousework Wed 09-Nov-16 15:05:54

Sorry if this is a bit of a rambling. I thought I had a v v faint positive a few days ago but every test since then has been negative.

If I am pregnant then I would have conceived around 8-9 days ago. I had light pink watery spotting 3 days ago which would tie in with it possible being implantation.

I'm driving myself mad second guessing.

I guess my question is how many people get light spotting around implantation time but aren't pregnant? Because of recently getting the implant removed I'm not entirely sure when I'm due on, but it will b around Monday.

MrsG280516 Wed 09-Nov-16 16:45:57

If you had a positive test then a subsequent negative, it could be a chemical pregnancy. You could have implanted (hence the spotting) but then the pregnancy wasn't viable so you're now no longer pregnant. Unfortunately this is really common, especially when you test earlier than the day your period is due.

janiPop Wed 09-Nov-16 16:58:07

It's possible that you had implantation spotting. I've not had it with the times I've fallen pregnant but a friend has. If you are only 8-9 days past ovulation then I doubt you would have had a positive test a few days ago however faint. I know it's difficult but best thing to do would be to wait a few more days and then test with first morning urine.

Sewingbeatshousework Wed 09-Nov-16 17:20:07

This was my test but I think it's an evap line, I posted it on a thread and more than half of the replies agreed there was a very faint line.

It's so hard to wait! I'm trying to distract myself but it's not working.... I can't think what else it would be apart from implantation spotting. Having mild cramps, light stitch like pains and an urinating more often - although these could be a symptom of my imagination....

LauraK1987 Wed 09-Nov-16 17:31:49

Hi,

I had Brown spotting for 3 days a week before my period was due (28th October) I had never had spotting before in my life so thought it was very strange, I ended up being two days late for my period and turns out I am pregnant. I didn't have any other symptoms other than being late and the spotting, I think it must have been implantation bleed, which I never had with my first child. It's best to test again either the day your period is due or when you are actually late.

janiPop Wed 09-Nov-16 17:36:01

I can see a very faint line. Would be best to retest after a few days with a pink dye test

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Wed 09-Nov-16 17:36:56

I don't think I see a line on that test personally but I'm assuming it was more visible IRL? When did the line appear? Blue dye tests are notorious for giving evaps after the 10min window. I agree with PP that you wouldn't be likely to get a BFP within a week of having sex.

It's very normal to experience spotting/bleeding after stopping hormonal contraception and you can expect your periods to be different for a while. Coming earlier or later, heavier or lighter

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Wed 09-Nov-16 17:40:23

Sorry DS knocked my hand.

*coming earlier or later, heavier or lighter than what you're used to for example.

Sewingbeatshousework Wed 09-Nov-16 17:47:22

I've never heard of a pink dye test, where would I get one? The more I think about it the more I think I saw the line just after the10 minutes so I'd presume it's not positive.

It makes complete sense to wait until the beginning of next week so see if AF arrives but I'm the most infuriating impatient person there is! My heart has been racing 24/7 since the day after the unprotected sex (as I found out that was my fertile window). We are not TTC and DH definitely does not want any more DC (he's on wait list for vasectomy), but because it's all I've been thinking about for over a week I'll be very disappointment if I'm not pregnant.

It never occurred to me Alice about the spotting being due to my body regulating my hormones etc, but that's a very good point.

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Wed 09-Nov-16 19:56:07

I think clear blue are the only brand I've used that use blue dye. First response and most supermarket brands, poundshop cheapies etc will use pink dye.

Sewingbeatshousework Wed 09-Nov-16 20:34:50

Ah ok, in that case I've done some pink dyes and got some more here as well as clear blue digital & clear blue early. I feel quite ridiculous at my lack of control 😳

Are the links more sensitive or just easier to read?

Sewingbeatshousework Wed 09-Nov-16 20:35:37

*pinks more sensitive

LauraK1987 Wed 09-Nov-16 20:42:30

They are definitely easier to read and less likely to get an evap line

AliceThrewTheFookingGlass Wed 09-Nov-16 21:18:46

Evap lines just aren't as common in pink dye tests. Sensitivity of tests depend on the number on the box rather than the dye. The lower the number the higher the sensitivity. For example FRER are 15 and clear blue digis are 25 so FRER will pick up much smaller traces of HCG.

Sewingbeatshousework Thu 10-Nov-16 08:06:47

Oh I've never noticed the hcg levels are on the boxes! Guess I'll just wait and see what happens next week, although I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant, just have an elaborate imagination...

Sewingbeatshousework Sat 12-Nov-16 20:32:14

Just popping an update on - FRER gave me a BFP this morning, no other test picking it up yet. Looks like I'm 3wk 3 days so still very early days. Guess it was implantation after all!

MrsG280516 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:44:15

Congratulations, is your DH ok with having another baby? I hope he is smile

Sewingbeatshousework Sat 12-Nov-16 20:51:51

Thank you MrsG, unfortunately he's not thrilled and would like us to "consider our options" 😟, he's mostly concerned about my health (I suffer from chronic pain). I've said I'll speak to a GP on Monday to talk about the mediation I'm of affecting the pregnancy, but unless there's a medical reason to terminate then I won't be.

I'm sure he'll come round 😊,

MrsG280516 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:58:28

Good for you, I'm sure he will come round. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now