Talk

Advanced search

Tests not getting darker

(11 Posts)
user1478182517 Wed 09-Nov-16 07:16:36

Hi all

I took my first test last Thursday and it was so faint you had to squint to see. They got slightly darker but still not a coat defined line. This morning I took a boots own test and i can hardly make out a line at all.

I am going to try and get a drs appointment later today, but would you suggest this is going to be chemical?! Could it be Boots test? I would be 5 weeks today so surely they would be getting darker? I just want to prepare myself and not get hopes up sad

Inthenick Wed 09-Nov-16 07:22:35

I don't think there is anything that indicates a problem. If you've a positive pregnancy test and no bleeding, put down the tests and just enjoy being pregnant. Most people never pick up another test after the first, even very faint, line. Stop stressing yourself out. You are pregnant and nothing indicates otherwise.

LadyPenelope3 Wed 09-Nov-16 07:34:03

Not sure the doctor will be able to tell you anything at this stage. If it's helpful, I didn't get anything at all showing up on a test until I was a week late for my period. And then not a properly visible line until 5 days after that. Fingers crossed this is good news for you.

user1478182517 Wed 09-Nov-16 07:48:25

Oh I thought the doctors might take my bloods? Would they not? It's a horrible waiting game, and I can't help not testing and googling. I've never been pregnant before so I just expecting the worst sad thanks for your advice smile

Writerwannabe83 Wed 09-Nov-16 08:06:52

Hi user,

Earlier this year I was pregnant, got my BFP the day my period was due and for the next two weeks I continued testing and getting stronger lines - I was testing every 2 days or so simply because I loved seeing that second line.

Anyway, two weeks after my initial BFP one of the tests I took had a slightly fainter line than previous, I thought nothing of it until I tested the next day and it was fainter again.

I went out and bought a CB digital test which came back as 1-2 weeks pregnant and then I knew there was a problem as I should have been almost 5 weeks pregnant.

I went to the GP who said it was very likely I had miscarried and she would expect me to start bleeding within the next week. She said that if I hadn't started bleeding then I was to return and she would send me for a scan to see why I hadn't passed the pregnancy. She didn't mention me returning in 3 days to have some blood tests but I declined as they would only show what I already knew.

As it happened I started bleeding the next day. People had been telling he stop obsessively testing after my initial BFP but I was so, so glad I had known the pregnancy hadn't been viable before the bleeding started. If I had gone to bed one night believing I was pregnant and then woken up to a huge blood loss I would have been devastated.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. Maybe buying a digital test may give you a clearer idea as to what's happening?

user1478182517 Wed 09-Nov-16 08:20:09

Hi writerwannabe, thank you for sharing and I am sorry for what you went through sad I don't want to get my hopes up as I haven't had a BFP yet, just faint lines and a 'not pregnant' on the CBD. I was having pinching sensations also, but they seem to have stopped too. I don't know what to think! sad

Inthenick Wed 09-Nov-16 09:25:37

Hang on, a faint line is a BFP! How late is your period? If you have a BFP you can stop testing. If you start bleeding then yes, there might be a problem but until then, assuming you have a BFP, there is no point in torturing yourself.

user1478182517 Wed 09-Nov-16 12:41:37

Ok, so Dr said faint tests are nothing to worry about and to stop testing. As long as no blood and severe pain all is good. Now it's just a waiting and praying game! flowers

user1478182517 Thu 10-Nov-16 14:40:29

I know I should stop testing but I did another test today and it was much stronger! It's made me feel a bit better smile I am going to stop testing now, I have spent a small fortune in tests the last week confusedconfused

Jellybabie3 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:37:14

Congratulations! Enjoy this moment, you have no reason not too!

Spam88 Thu 10-Nov-16 17:53:00

Was just going to add that there are all sorts that can affect how dark your line is, including the sensitivity of the test and how dilute your urine is. Congratulations smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now