Talk

Advanced search

Late period after hysterosalpingogram?

(14 Posts)
ScottishLady7 Wed 09-Nov-16 01:10:55

Has anybody has this? What was the outcome?

Since I have been tracking, my cycle has been usually around 33days long, 35 days at the longest.

I had a HSG on CD10- all looked good, tubes clear.

I am now on CD43 and still awaiting AF. The fertility clinic wants to see me in a week if there is still no AF. I'm trying not to get too hopeful...

Has anybody had similar? What was the outcome?

Thanks in advance!

LilQueenie Wed 09-Nov-16 01:34:28

I had one and ended up with pain for a few months after. Im not sure but think it can disrupt your periods for a bit.

VimFuego101 Wed 09-Nov-16 02:06:09

HSGs can clear out your tubes and your chances of conceiving are greater shortly afterwards... Do a test!

WanderingTrolley1 Wed 09-Nov-16 02:26:18

When I had a HSG, I was told it may be easier to fall pregnant afterwards.

ScottishLady7 Wed 09-Nov-16 07:16:01

Thanks guys, I was told the same but hpts have all been negative so far...
Sorry for forgetting this crucial detail from the op!

baggyknees Wed 09-Nov-16 07:34:41

I got pregnant the month after my HSG. One of my tubes was 'a bit sludgy' apparently

ScottishLady7 Wed 09-Nov-16 09:08:40

Thanks baggy and congrats! Fingers crossed that's what is going on but feeling a bit like I'm in limbo...
Oh well, I'll find out one way or another soon enough I expect!

ISpeakJive Wed 09-Nov-16 22:19:33

I had a HSG after TTC for 18 months.

My period never arrived after that grin

ScottishLady7 Wed 09-Nov-16 23:18:15

Do I take that grin to represent a BFP? Congratulations!
Fingers crossed it has worked for us...!

ScottishLady7 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:36:28

Update: AF appeared in CD45, around 11 days late. My fertility clinic dr reckons it was an anovulatory cycle, unrelated to the HSG.
Thanks everyone for replying to my original post! Here's hoping for better luck this month grin

ISpeakJive Thu 17-Nov-16 22:20:40

Scottish, it was a BFP!! Thanks! I hope the same thing happens to you.

MaccaPaccaismyNemesis Fri 18-Nov-16 19:05:41

Sorry to barge in, but how was the HSG? I'm due one soon but am a bit anxious it will hurt either during or afterwards. How long does it take? Were you able to go back to work straight afterwards? Ttc for over two years so undergoing varying tests.

ScottishLady7 Fri 18-Nov-16 22:33:11

Hi macca, no barging necessary, you are very welcome!

I found the HSG ok. How are you with smears? Some people find speculum examinations horrible but I don't find them too bad so that part was ok.
The worst bit is when they inject the dye and you get intense period cramps which last, at most, a few seconds. I felt totally fine after but had been advised to take the afternoon off work so I didn't go back. I would have been fine to go back though.

Good luck! Have you had any other tests?

ScottishLady7 Fri 18-Nov-16 22:56:17

Oh, also I had period-heavy bleeding for 3 or 4 days after and my period was 10 days late.
My fertility clinic Dr thinks the delayed period wasn't related to the HSG and was a coincidental anovulatory cycle. Google throws up lots of folk with mucked up cycles after so make your own mind up!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now